Exotic Car rally in Ca. last Sunday

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
I was in Malibu Ca. on Sunday and saw more than 200 exotic cars going north on the PCH, somebody put on one hell of a rally. Lots of Lambo's - Porsche's - Ferrari's and a few Ford GT's

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
It was a charity benefit for the California Highway Patrol's 1199 Foundation and raised money for the families of fallen CHP Officers. There were four Ford GT's there. A red one, two black with stripes, and my wrapped, flat-black GT. It was "The BEST car event I have ever been to."
Granted, it was the my first car event. But when a friend told me, "they close off the streets and you can go as fast as you want." I said, "BS!"
Well, he wasn't lying.
And one of the black GT's was driven by a woman. I'd be surprised if she didn't come close to going xx the national speed limit.
This is a public forum here and we don't want to create unwanted heat for these events. All I can say is pay your $250 and see what you think.
I recommend it. HIGHLY.

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
One more thing I have to share. Out of 220 supercars, there were three that broke down on the side of the road.

All Lambo's.

Don't kill the messenger. Before I bought my GT, I was looking for Lamborgini's after falling in love with the Merci we had on THE DARK KNIGHT. Despite burning through four clutches at a cost of EIGHT GRAND each, I still wanted one. All my friends said the same thing, "Don't buy a Lambo, you'll break it."
So during my test drive, in Beverly Hills, at the intersection of Olympic and Doheney, the E Gear Giardo wouldn't shift from neutral to 1st. It was Friday rush hour and there were about 2,000 angry commuters stuck behind me. It was a pretty stressful situation. The people stuck behind me were yelling things like, "Move that POS!" And, "Nice car, LEARN HOW TO DRIVE IT!" We were stuck at a light while it cycled from red to green and back again a few times.
So stressful that my passenger, the 2007 Daytona 200 Champion yelled, with sweat dripping down his forehead, "DO SOMETHING!"
I said, "You're going to have to get out and push." He initially refused, but as tension reached an unbearable level, he relented, got out and pushed.
That is the main reason I started to look at the Ford GT. Thank GOD for that broken down Lambo, or I might be driving one of those POS's!

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
If that ever happens again post it I would love to bring a car out.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
^^^ Pretty sure it's an annual event.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
hollywoodstunts, there are a few of us on the west side, KJRGT (Palisades), myself (Brentwood), Woboose in Venice (tungsten GT), and a couple in Malibu and B Hills. We should plan a run to the desert in November????

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
hollywoodstunts, there are a few of us on the west side, KJRGT (Palisades), myself (Brentwood), Woboose in Venice (tungsten GT), and a couple in Malibu and B Hills. We should plan a run to the desert in November????

TWIST MY ARM! I'm in. Might take a little smooth talking on your part as far as Woboose is concerned. He got a little yellow piece of paper from the CHP Sunday during our last run. But I'm in, and there's an attorney friend in the Palisades that recently purchased a white with blue stripes that, to my knowledge, has not attended any GT events.
Are you sure you want to wait 'til November?