Exhaust and Wheels

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
I am looking for a used aftermarket exhaust (stillen, borla, hennesy, ford racing), actually anything that will make it sound better more sporty deeper throatier. Also looking for a set of aftermarket wheels 19/20 or 20/20" and or wheels and tires for my 05 GT.

Thanks Markus markusbyrd1@gmail.com 972-365-0606

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I think you need to be more specific in your request and you will see some quality responses.....
What kind of exhaust? Manifolds and/or cat back exhaust system? Ford Racing Headers? Borla? Stillen?
Stock wheels? Optional BBS Ford GT wheels? OEM Goodyear tires? Bridgestone tires?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Stock wheels <10%, getting very rare

Cobraguy

GT Owner
wheels and exhaust

I am looking for a used aftermarket exhaust and set of wheels and tires for my 05 GT.

Thanks Markus markusbyrd1@gmail.com 972-365-0606

I may have a Hennesey x-pipe with heffner tips available. I am converting to the Borla system. My set up is for a bumper delete '05 but I think it can work on a bumper car with minor mods.

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
Thank you I have made some changes.

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
Is the Borla system the same system Ford Racing sells?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Yes...it is the same system. One correction though....I just spoke to Shelby at Elite (where I purchased it) and the system is all Hennessey...no Heffner tips as I mistakingly thought.

Is the Borla system the same system Ford Racing sells?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Yes...it is the same system. One correction though....I just spoke to Shelby at Elite (where I purchased it) and the system is all Hennessey...no Heffner tips as I mistakingly thought.

I would recommend an "X Pipe" to replace the big, coffin-like stock muffler box. That will give you the more agressive sound you are after and it does not eliminate the stock exhaust manifolds or catalytic converters. It also takes off about 40 lbs of dead weight from the high end of the tail of the car. That's always a plus.