Exact Production on Yellow FGT

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Does anyone know what the exact number of yellow ones were made and the number of yellow ones in existence still?

thanks

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Yellow

It is my understanding that only 5% of cars built in 2005 were Yellow and 4% in 2006 So the total number of all colors built in 2005 was 2027 and the total number of all colors built in 2006 was 2011

Search " Ford GT Production Numbers " And you will get this info on the second thread.

BTW even though i like them all, im pretty sure the red ones are still the fastest!!

Last edited:

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
Yellow FGT

Following is info I received from Ford:

2005: Yellow -full stripes 86
-Side stripes only 6
-Stripe delete 4

Total '05 yellow = 96

2006: Yellow -full stripes 69
-side stripes only 4
-Stripe delete 2

Total '06 yellow = 75

Hope this helps. (PS: I have one of the 4 '05 stripe delete cars)

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Not to unnecessarilly parse but... (taking 2006 as an example) Stripe delete when ordered meant "do not install the side stripes". I believe it was possible, therefore to get the top stripes and delete the side stripes.

I have a 2006 yellow with no stripes of any form

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
BTW even though i like them all, im pretty sure the red ones are still the fastest!!

...and some still think the world is FLAT!:lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Yes, ask Shelby, the fastest to depreciate. Sorry Frank.

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
which is the fastest to depreciate?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Surviving Yellow GTs.

Gentlemen,

There are many Ford GTs that are not in our registry or in Shelby's registry. Not all cars that are destroyed are reported to an insurance agency and a large number of Ford GTs reside outside of the United States. It would take a tremendous amount of detective work to determine how many have been destroyed and are not rebuildable. We do know that there have been several yellow GTs that have been totaled. It has now taken me almost an entire paragraph to say, "I don't know." :biggrin What I do know, is that there is a pristine, never damaged, 2006 yellow GT with black stripes tucked safely inside my garage waiting patiently for its next adventure.

Chip

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Not to unnecessarilly parse but... (taking 2006 as an example) Stripe delete when ordered meant "do not install the side stripes". I believe it was possible, therefore to get the top stripes and delete the side stripes.

I have a 2006 yellow with no stripes of any form

I thought you sold your car.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Stripes

It was not possible to order a GT with "Painted Racing Stripes" (Option Code 97P) in conjunction with the "Body Side Stripe DELETE" (option Code 97D).

The "Side Stripes" were standard equipment, but, you could DELETE them if you wanted, at no additional charge. The "Racing Stripes" were optional, but could only be ordered in addition to the side stripes; if you deleted the Side Stripes, you were not allowed to add the Racing Stripes.
The 2005 GT Order Guide did not specify this, but it was in effect. Any vehicle orders that included this invalid combination would have been flagged out and edited in Option Scheduling. For 2006, the wording in the Order Guide was updated to reflect it: "Painted Racing Stripes (over hood, roof, rear hatch) - not available with 97D."

regards,

Jeff

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thank you CobraJeff. Did you see GTJoey's post about info for Carlisle? Please look. Thanks Frank

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Frank -

Yes. I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys there. If you've not been before, it IS a very good swapmeet. Found an original set of exhaust manifolds off a 289 Cobra there last year (they are REALLY rare).

regards,

Jeff

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• HeritageProduction#s.jpg
    HeritageProduction#s.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 119

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
thanks, can't believe the production run is so low...

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Gentlemen,

There are many Ford GTs that are not in our registry or in Shelby's registry. Not all cars that are destroyed are reported to an insurance agency and a large number of Ford GTs reside outside of the United States. It would take a tremendous amount of detective work to determine how many have been destroyed and are not rebuildable. We do know that there have been several yellow GTs that have been totaled. It has now taken me almost an entire paragraph to say, "I don't know." :biggrin What I do know, is that there is a pristine, never damaged, 2006 yellow GT with black stripes tucked safely inside my garage waiting patiently for its next adventure.

Chip

We'll said Chip. The registries cannot be trusted as they are purely voluntary and inconsistant. Even insurance claims are voluntary and therefore cannot be trusted. I'm glad my yellow car is safe and sound in my garage as well.