european rear lights

luxgt

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2009
luxemburg europe
Guys,

We want to register our GT in Luxembourg. The only problem seems to be the rear lights. Our gt is a US version. We want to change the rear lights to european specs it is the rear red lights may only work for braking and rear lights. The reversing lights must be turned to the left and right turning lights. White reversing light and fog light must be added.

Is there somebody that has a suggestion for the cabling problems? What wires should be added and what can i connect/ disconnect to do this in th easiest way we don't have an easy solution for getting the turning light signal separated from the braking light

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Guys,

We want to register our GT in Luxembourg. The only problem seems to be the rear lights. Our gt is a US version. We want to change the rear lights to european specs it is the rear red lights may only work for braking and rear lights. The reversing lights must be turned to the left and right turning lights. White reversing light and fog light must be added.

Is there somebody that has a suggestion for the cabling problems? What wires should be added and what can i connect/ disconnect to do this in th easiest way we don't have an easy solution for getting the turning light signal separated from the braking light

Talk to Dave Jones at Revolve Technologies Ltd. (formally Roush Europe) (www.revolve.co.uk). They did the conversions of the 101 European cars for Ford and are also the official service facility for GT owners in the UK. No one knows more about this than Dave. They serviced my car when it was in the UK and they are very, very good.
Good luck.

Rob

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Alternatively you could contact Karl in Munich. He will help you out

http://www.geigercars.de/Testberichte/ford_gt.aspx

Desi

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
There's a trick with the indicator relay too.

My car was not handled by Dave Jones when it first came into the UK, which was a mistake, some other garage handled the electronics, which they promptly screwed up.

The indicators went more slowly when the brakes were being applied "oh, they all do that" he said when questioned "no they fecking don't" was my prompt response.

Fortunately Dave and Revolve unpicked their 'work'.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
There's a trick with the indicator relay too.

My car was not handled by Dave Jones when it first came into the UK, which was a mistake, some other garage handled the electronics, which they promptly screwed up..

Same garage that did J. Clarkson's alarm?? Every time he mentions the GT, it seems to come up... :rofl

luxgt

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2009
luxemburg europe
thank you guys

i will contact them