Estimated Price of GTs after production ends 8-06

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
All the above posts are very interesting and for the most part are saying the same. A little in the downside and maybe on the up side over the long term. It is also very refreshing to hear most owners are incredibly passionate about their cars . That "it is a keeper" For the most part we really enjoy owning a updated version of one of the most beautifull and successful racers of all times!! We have all owned other "collectibles" but this is the one we have been waiting for. I sold a ferrari Daytona for it with no regrets (except I should have wated another year to sell the Daytona since the prices have gone crazy!!) But I have an old 330 spyder in reserve. I was at a ferrari dealer over the weekend and I quess the new 430s' are hot. But in time they will be replaced by a similiar updated model and the values will drop. There will be no relacement that we know of for the GT that is reassuring!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
50 BMG said:
When production ends the price of these cars will contiune to drop. There are just way to many unsold GT's still out there that will find their way into the market over the next 3-4 years after August 2006. Coupled with a 4000 unit production run, they aren't/won't be that hard to find when this car turns into old hat in 2007. The low point for prices will be 2009-2011, and I wouldn't be suprised to see examples moving for $100,000 during those years.

Disclaimer, just my prediction:
Around 2009 a majority of the 3 year warranty/new exotic flash buyers + people who financed a GT will probably want to get out of it. Then the serious enthusiast type buyers (those who will probably never let this car go)will step in and the available cars will start drying up. This is a very collectible car because of the nature of it's production (the only Ford exotic produced since the GT40) and what it represents by it's heritage.
End prediction disclaimer.

you must be talking about me here. but i don't think i can wait till 2009+. i will pull the trigger in 2008 if i find the right car. which for me would be a new 2006 black w/ silver stripes. my budget is $150K. i think price wise i can find a new GT for this amount of $$$ in 2008. the hard part will be finding a black one w/ silver stripes new with less than 100 miles on it.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mastercard

New 2006 Ford GT....................................................................$166,145
Shipping to Scottsdale..................................................................$2000
License plates & insurance........................................................l....$4000

Seeing the look on all the kids faces when I pick my son up
at his grade school in it...........................................................PRICELESS

Chip :banana

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Fast Freddy said:
you must be talking about me here. but i don't think i can wait till 2009+. i will pull the trigger in 2008 if i find the right car. which for me would be a new 2006 black w/ silver stripes. my budget is $150K. i think price wise i can find a new GT for this amount of $$$ in 2008. the hard part will be finding a black one w/ silver stripes new with less than 100 miles on it.

Well I guess I'm talking about both of us here then... :lol

I don't think you'd have any problems finding numerous examples of <100 mile cars this time next year. Already too many dealership owners in the "bubblewrap" phase.

Right now my choice would be black 06 with the only option being the BBS wheels. I have a snowballs chance in hell of getting that exact car on the resale market.

Mabey a 05 ain't all that bad...by the time I pick it up it's off warranty anyways as I want to do some light mods to the car...SW rear exit headers, transaxle cooler, ~275 front tires, different springs and shocks, bumper delete, and JLT's Cold air kit (coming this summer).

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
if i can't find one with the bbs wheels i will buy them from ford seperately and sell the stock wheels. as far as modz go a increase in boost to 16-20 lbs with a tune, headers and muffler, etc. should be just right for me. i wonder if you can get a "flip chip" tune on a GT like i have in my lightning? one program has 13 degrees of timing for 91 octane gas and the other program has 19 degrees of timing for 100 octane race gas. this brings on an addditional 30 rwhp at the flip of a switch :thumbsup