Enjoy Rally III? Please Read!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ralphie, I think you're on to something. The RED cars just seem tooooo fast to catch on video.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Nice video. Black w/gold stripe should have been an option. so . . . is this a hertz rental?

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Nice video. Black w/gold stripe should have been an option. so . . . is this a hertz rental?

It's not a Hertz rental, but sometimes I wish it were!

I had the car completely repainted and changed the original white racing stripes to metallic gold with silver edges. As far as I know, it's the only GTX1 with that paint configuration.

Steve

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
It's not a Hertz rental, but sometimes I wish it were!

I had the car completely repainted and changed the original white racing stripes to metallic gold with silver edges. As far as I know, it's the only GTX1 with that paint configuration.

Steve

I wondered whose this was, every time I looked at the car no one was around.

Fabulous looking car and color combination. I walked around that car a number of times just drooling. A rare beauty -- I already have a zillion photos of everyother color of GT, but this one really stood out. It harkens back to the black/gold Lotus F1 cars of yore. Well done!
:thumbsup

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
I wondered whose this was, every time I looked at the car no one was around.

Fabulous looking car and color combination. I walked around that car a number of times just drooling. A rare beauty -- I already have a zillion photos of everyother color of GT, but this one really stood out. It harkens back to the black/gold Lotus F1 cars of yore. Well done!
:thumbsup

Thanks for the compliment. I presume your reference to "the black/gold Lotus F1 cars of yore" is directed to the John Player Special in the 1970's - even though the gold work on the JPS cars did not have silver edges.

But to be perfectly honest, I had never heard about the JPS cars when I selected the paint configuration for my X1. As a former Corvette freak (even though I still own a 1992 LT1-SS Convertible), I'm a genuine novice in the arena of true high performance vehicles and was therefore totally unfamiliar with any of them (or their history vis-a-vis the Ford GT 40 at Le Mans) prior to my current love affair with the GTX1. Thanks again for your kind words.

Steve