Enjoy Rally III? Please Read!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
OK, now that I'm mildly settled after the 10-day Las Vegas bender, it's time to make the appropriate thanks to everyone who helped in putting on another fantastic national event.

First, let's say thanks to our event sponsors. These guys do more than write a check. We get solicited constantly for new sponsors but we've stuck with guys that are really a part of the GT community, and they have done a great job providing GT service and camaraderie.

Elite Autos LLC

Thanks to Shelby and Elite Autos LLC for sponsoring our dinner on Thursday night at Mandalay Bay. A great time was had by all, the food was good, the friends were great, and the discussion from Fred, Jamal and the rest of the GT Team was the best of all.

Elite Autos has done great things on the site, and virtually everyone on the site seems to have bought a car from them at this point! Special thanks to Shelby for supplying us with the Red no stripe 05 car on MSO that was the starting point for the Camilo/Heffner collaborative vehicle bought by FlorIdaho Chris.

You can email Shelby to say thanks at:

shelby@eliteautosllc.com

Hennessey Performance

Thanks to John Hennessey and his team at Hennessey Performance for sponsoring our Friday track day at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Almost everyone had a really great time on the track, and probably learned just how good the car is, and how bad we all are :lol John unfortunately had to leave early to be with his crew at home for Hurricane Ike, but luckily everything came through unscathed.

Also, thanks to Hennessey Performance for giving people (what I hear) were insane rides in their new Twin Turbo/Supercharged GT package. I saw a lot of smiling faces getting out of that black monster.

You can email John to say thanks at:

venomTTinfo@aol.com

BJ Motors

Thanks to Bernie at BJ Motors for participating as a sponsor in Ford GT National Rally 3. Bernie has become a valued member of the site. Unfortunately while Bernie's car couldn't make it due to a last minute snafu, Bernie was at the Rally in person to enjoy the event and the fellowship of his fellow GT owners and customers.

You can email Bernie to say thanks at:

bfkatz@bjmotors.biz

Classic Design Concepts

Thanks to my boy George Huisman at Classic Design Concepts for being an event sponsor. George also didn't get a chance to have his Tungsten GT at the event, but he was there, admiring all the cars with his CDC bumper delete kit(including the Camilo/Heffner car). They've made the kit for a few years and George was generous enough to donate a few to sell at the charity auction on Saturday night.

You can email George to say thanks at:

gh@classicdesignconcepts.com

CoolTech LLC

Special thanks to Kendall for supplying those really neat CoolTech duffle bags and the detailing kits for everyone! CoolTech, Kendall, nota4re, he goes by many names, but we all thank him for his service to the GT community and that really nice giveaway at Rally 3.

You can email Kendall at:

kpond@sbcglobal.net

Ewing Inc

Thanks to Kip Ewing and Ewing Inc for being an event sponsor, as well as giving out as many shirts as he could. Everyone knows Kip from the Ford GT program, and now from all the Carbon Fiber goodies. At least those that you can get before Bony gets his hands on them! It's always great to have Kip around as a GT team representative and member of the GT community. Always looking forward to see what he has in the works.

You can email Kip to say thanks at:

kip@kipewing.com
Heffner Performance

Thanks to Jason Heffner and Heffner performance for being an event sponsor. We were glad to have Jason at the show this time. There were quite a few Heffner Twin Turbo GT's (including mine) in attendance, and we won't hold it against him that he brought a Twin Turbo Lamborghini as well. Thanks to Jason also for providing some excitement with the unveiling of the Camilo/Heffner Twin Turbo GT.

You can email Jason to say thanks at:

jsnhf@aol.com

Stillen

Thanks to Kyle and Steve Millen at Stillen for being an event sponsor. Stillen is a valued member of the GT community for consistently providing new and cool products as well as racing their own orange GT, currently in New Zealand for the Targa. Some of you may have gone for a ride in one of Rick Saute's two GTX1's, both with the Stillen 3.90s. Twin turbo + 3.90 = insanity.

You can email Kyle to say thanks at:

kmillen@stillen.com

Unleashed Tuning

Thanks to Torrie McPhail/tmcphail/Unleased Tuning for being an event sponsor. Torrie is a valued member of the community with his tuning expertise and performance products, and it's always great to see him and the black twin turbo GT at every event. I do believe that Torrie is having a post-rally 2.7" pulley sale which you can check out here:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=148032#post148032

You can send an email to thank Torrie at:

torrie@fastpartsnetwork.com

Now, there are a few people I'd like to thank.

SuperB

Thanks again to SuperB for providing the banners, as always. This year they were the best yet. I look forward to doing it again next year!

SteveA and William S.

Thanks to Steve for hooking us up with his old printing business for the artwork and credentials, and thanks to William S. for having his son drag them out. Those lithos came out rocking this year. Unfortunately the SVT focus they came in had a minor "mishap" on the way in from SoCal and they were delivered just as everyone got to the room :lol Just adds to the excitement.

Rick Saute

I'm pretty sure Rick Saute is actually the nicest guy in the world. Beyond that, he generously continues to donate towards the Rally t-shirt fund. I anticipate a third annual argument over trying to not accept it next year. :rofl

Gordon Wolf

Many thanks to Gordon Wolf for a) being the man, and b) allowing his house to be used for a variety of GT work. Gordon is a killer host and I'm glad we got a chance to see him in Vegas for an official GT event. I anticipate seeing Gordon several times a year for more partying. He always leaves the most interesting presents. :biggrin

GT Les

Thanks to Les Davidson for running the auction on Saturday night. Les was stuck in the unenviable position of being auctioneer when Amy Assiter was left stranded by Hurricane Ike. He did a great job and raised a ton of money for the Loma Linda VA and our U.S soldiers.

B O N Y

Bony is the man. That's all I can say. He helps out so much with the Rally and the site, everyone owes this man a debt of gratitude. And he keeps the post count up. :banana

There are a million other people to thank, so just assume you're on the list. People like Racer X and Ralphie who helped dole out the goods. Thanks to everyone who came, everyone who helped, and can't wait to do it again next year! Woohoo!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
How about thank you mr and mrs B? Here is to two amazing folks!
God bless you and America,
Bony

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I had a blast thanx to everyone, cant wait until the next one!

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 and 1

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks to Dave, Bony ,all the others behind the scenes and all the sponsers:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
One of the best events I've been to. To those not listed, my thanks. To those that are, check your emails & PM's.

On to Rally IV!!!!

Dave, I thought we had that argument yesterday! :rofl:rofl

All the best...
Rick

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We did have that argument yesterday, and it won't be the last. You can thank my iPhone for it's call-dropping for getting you out of it! :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
where is the super secret MarkIV section...???
close to the password protected BONYLAND...???
can anyone become a MarkIV member...???

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
One of the best times ever! :driving:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
thanks

Jones - you're just saying that because you were in my limo! I had a great time & enjoyed seeing all my GT pals I met last year at Rally 2 & meeting all the new ones like Mr Jones!

See ya in 09,

Ed

Bony - Mrs Sims & I say thanks!!!

Aug 25, 2006
"Thank You" for bringing this event to term; truly a most wonderful time was spent with all that I had the opportunity to meet.

Takes care

Shadowman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am suffering a rally jones... how long till Rally IV??

Mar 15, 2006
We cant wait to do it again. It would be cool if there was one of these events every Fall and Spring. Make the Fall event the Rally and give it top billing. But I think a case could be made to have a Spring venue on an opposite side of the country. DBK you are an excellent event organizer and many car clubs and OEM's can learn from your ability to make a great event happen at a very reasonable cost.

I dont want the above suggestion of 2 events to dilute the Rally. But I offer this idea as something to consider as many have said that another 12 months is a long time to wait!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Putting my 2cents in for Mr. Moose and I… One of the unexpected benefits to the ownership of such a fabulous car is this Forum and the people we’ve met through it. :thumbsup When we sold our first heritage, it was against my better judgement – truly because of the people we’ve come to know through having a GT. Obviously Mr. Moose’s faux pas was corrected quickly and we are, again, excited and honored to be a part of this community of enthusiasts. We were happy to be able to bring The Camilo car with us to Rally III; we recognize its uniqueness and its history.
Also, I joke with SuperB that we attend the rallys for his banners, but truth be told – I can’t imagine leaving a rally without one now. We are proud owners of the car (and the banners).
We didn’t spend nearly enough time with everyone; there are so many people now. :willy Chip & Veronica are dear and gracious hosts; DBK & Francesca work tirelessly for these events (and Francesca has the patience and understanding of a saint). To all the sponsors – THANK YOU for your contributions to an amazing week in Vegas. To the Ford guys – it wouldn’t be a rally without you. Thank you for your time and your pearls of information. It’s always a pleasure meeting up with you and hearing stories about the car. As others have said, there’s too many people to name (Prowler – your daughter was a delight; Waldo, congratulations on your promotion; Shadowman, it was a thrill finally meeting you; Fred Goodnow, I could listen to your stories all day long; Mark McGowan, one of my “bucket list” items is riding with you in a GT; Larry, I’m sorry you had to leave, but you left for good reason; The Great Danes were a hoot and we’ll definitely look them up next time we’re in Scandinavia; JBG has some of the most amazing carbon fiber work (next is a purse for RoseMarie); The Texas boys and the couple from Maryland with the TT, and Andy & Margaret and Stunts & Stephanie & Timmy, Hilo Dave & Aloha and…. – too many to name)!
We look forward to the next Rally and the next Rally-to-the-Rally!!
Lady Blue Moose

Last edited:

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Jones - you're just saying that because you were in my limo! I had a great time & enjoyed seeing all my GT pals I met last year at Rally 2 & meeting all the new ones like Mr Jones!

See ya in 09,

Ed

Bony - Mrs Sims & I say thanks!!!

Likewise! However, next limo, I'd like to not be stowed away in the trunk.:lol

Aug 25, 2006
Putting my 2cents in for Mr. Moose and I… One of the unexpected benefits to the ownership of such a fabulous car is this Forum and the people we’ve met through it. :thumbsup When we sold our first heritage, it was against my better judgement – truly because of the people we’ve come to know through having a GT. Obviously Mr. Moose’s faux pas was corrected quickly and we are, again, excited and honored to be a part of this community of enthusiasts. We were happy to be able to bring The Camillo with us to Rally III; we recognize its uniqueness and its history.
Also, I joke with SuperB that we attend the rallys for his banners, but truth be told – I can’t imagine leaving a rally without one now. We are proud owners of the car (and the banners).
We didn’t spend nearly enough time with everyone; there are so many people now. :willy Chip & Veronica are dear and gracious hosts; DBK & Francesca work tirelessly for these events (and Francesca has the patience and understanding of a saint). To all the sponsors – THANK YOU for your contributions to an amazing weekend in Vegas. To the Ford guys – it wouldn’t be a rally without you. Thank you for your time and your pearls of information. It’s always a pleasure meeting up with you and hearing stories about the car. As others have said, there’s too many people to name (Prowler – your daughter was a delight; Waldo, congratulations on your promotion; Shadowman, it was a thrill finally meeting you; Fred Goodnow, I could listen to your stories all day long; Mark McGowan, one of my “bucket list” items is riding with you in a GT; Larry, I’m sorry you had to leave, but you left for good reason; The Great Danes were a hoot and we’ll definitely look them up next time we’re in Scandinavia; JBG has some of the most amazing carbon fiber work (next is a purse for RoseMarie); The Texas boys and the couple from Maryland with the TT, and Andy & Margaret and Stunts & Stephanie & Timmy, Hilo Dave & Aloha and…. – too many to name)!
We look forward to the next Rally and the next Rally-to-the-Rally!!
Lady Blue Moose

"Lady Blue Moose" truly a perfect fit

It was my pleasure meeting and chatting with you and your sweetie

I have no doubt that our paths will cross again

Takes care

Shadowman

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Thanks as well to all the sponsors, and especially DBK!!!

Unbelievable event, best car event I have ever been to. The car helps but what really made this for me was the people!!! :cheers

thankyou! :cheers

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Rally III

Rally III was my first GT event and one I will never forget. I therefore thank everyone who had any role at all in making it happen, including of course DBK, Bony, Ford SVT guys, the sponsors, etc. I was particularly pleased to meet so many people I had only known previously by their Forum names.

As a memento of some of the sights and sounds of Rally III, my son, Steve, Jr., made a video which he posted on YouTube, and which I invite everyone to watch.

Fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xGkYN4v7g

Thanks again to everyone.

Steve

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Rally III was my first GT event and one I will never forget. I therefore thank everyone who had any role at all in making it happen, including of course DBK, Bony, Ford SVT guys, the sponsors, etc. I was particularly pleased to meet so many people I had only known previously by their Forum names.

As a memento of some of the sights and sounds of Rally III, my son, Steve, Jr., made a video which he posted on YouTube, and which I invite everyone to watch.

Fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xGkYN4v7g

Thanks again to everyone.

Steve

Nicely done. Heritage's seem to spin pretty easy. ?operator error?:confused

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.

That "Red" one at 2:18 looks amazingly quick!! :biggrin

Great video compilation - :cheers