Engine Oil Drain

1931imperial

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Has anybody engineered an oil drain arrangement to eliminate dropping belly pan?

Thanks,
Ron

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Nope and BTW there are two drain plugs in pan and one in the oil tank.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Ron,

Actually, pulling the pans to change the oil is a good thing. It gives you a chance to eyeball the drive line for any issues that may arise. (hose clamps, tie straps in place, leaks, ect.) Just use a good flashlight, and look everything over good. Many things can't be seen from the top.

If you pm me, I'll give you my number. Then if you see anything questionable, you can call.

Rich :thumbsup

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Create an access panel in the belly pan.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Any cutting or modification of the belly pans will possibly affect the under-car aerodynamics and thereby, the ground effects as well. I would leave it alone and just remove the bolts when periodic service is required. As a previous post said, it's also a good time to inspect everything visible for wear, looseness, leaks, etc before a major problem results. usmcfred

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Any cutting or modification of the belly pans will possibly affect the under-car aerodynamics and thereby, the ground effects as well. I would leave it alone and just remove the bolts when periodic service is required. As a previous post said, it's also a good time to inspect everything visible for wear, looseness, leaks, etc before a major problem results. usmcfred

It won't negatively impact anything. I already have access ports and track the car so I am speaking from real-world experience not supposition.

Dave

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
When you get a chance could you post up some pics of your modified pan. I would imagine this could come in handy at the track.