End of an era

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I will try to post pics soon (and if the mods want to move this no problem) but I expect to get on Saturday the first delivered Final Edition Viper in the world. (more luck and being annoying than anything) I say world because 18 of the 50 made will go overseas with 32 remaining here.

Mixed emotions. I have had every Generation--7 total, and while it is a far different car than the GT, it still brings (at least to me) a visceral reaction. I still have VIN 0002 a 92 and second ever made, so I guess they will make nice bookends.

I always think of Viper as a low production car--only 500 will be made for 2010 but with 27,000 since 92, the GT seems really rare. The Viper--nice run.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Congrats, looking forward to seeing the pictures!

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Hope you enjoy it. I have a 99 Viper and though "only" 460HP it is a great car with plenty of power to get you in trouble, and still after 11 yrs still turns heads. Do you plan to drive it or just park it?

robt777

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 28, 2010
Florida & Ohio
I've been waiting on my Final Edition roadster. It's been in "final inspection" for 4 weeks now. Getting a little impatient.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Yea, I love Vipers! I am waiting on an ACR Graphite with black center band with driver stripe. It is takinf forever:(

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Hope you enjoy it. I have a 99 Viper and though "only" 460HP it is a great car with plenty of power to get you in trouble, and still after 11 yrs still turns heads. Do you plan to drive it or just park it?

Drive. The only car I have not driven much is the 92. Lutz put 7000 on it and I have about 30.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Had a yellow/black striped 01 GTS cope. Always brought the same emotion. Sold it to the a Swiss Viper Club of America member in May 08, bought a snake skin green 2008 sliver stripped SRT coupe. Enjoy it emmensly, not a FGT, but a superb automobile nevertheless. Much better machine than the 01, but still rougher than the FGT. Will never sell either.

nino8-0912.jpg

Last edited:
H

HHGT

If its a Viper you desire, Bernie from BJMotors is your man. He sold me my 96 GTS and I admire that car every time I step foot in the garage.. I would be interested to know how many of the final Vipers were sold by Bernie?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
If its a Viper you desire, Bernie from BJMotors is your man. He sold me my 96 GTS and I admire that car every time I step foot in the garage.. I would be interested to know how many of the final Vipers were sold by Bernie?

Bernie works with Tomball Dodge in Texas (although Bernie's shop is just a few miles from me in Va.) As a big Viper dealer, Tomball had an allocation of FEs--not sure how many. I bought mine through Roanoke Dodge--a large Viper dealer in Illinois. Since there were only 50, I suspect, Tomball, Woodhouse and Roanoke had the lion's share.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I had an '03 Viper and enjoyed it alot. Congrats!!! :cheers

BTW.....is it just me or is there something wrong with 18 of the last 50 Vipers going overseas?? :usa

H

HHGT

Must be an Expatriation mandate...

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Had a yellow/black striped 01 GTS cope. Always brought the same emotion. Sold it to the a Swiss Viper Club of America member in May 08, bought a snake skin green 2008 sliver stripped SRT coupe. Enjoy it emmensly, not a FGT, but a superb automobile nevertheless. Much better machine than the 01, but still rougher than the FGT. Will never sell either.

nino8-0912.jpg

SSG is beautiful in person. My buddy has an SSG ACR with only 500 miles that he is getting rid of.