Electrical?

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
Just got back from KC,Mo to my daily driver after 4 days. When I first started it the engine light went on and stayed on. I shut her down and restarted and no light. The next day my theft deterrent light illuminates while I am warming up the car and doesnt go off until I open and close doors, push buttons, and basically do a chinese fire drill around my car. Finally it too goes off. I drive to work and when I push the lock button on the key fob my rear brake light flashes rapidly and I hear a continual mechanical sound from the passenger door as if it's trying to lock or unlock. My stereo has been cutting out during the playing of CD's. Does any body have any ideas? Other than take it to the shop....Which I intend to do.

Aug 25, 2006
Just got back from KC,Mo to my daily driver after 4 days. When I first started it the engine light went on and stayed on. I shut her down and restarted and no light. The next day my theft deterrent light illuminates while I am warming up the car and doesnt go off until I open and close doors, push buttons, and basically do a chinese fire drill around my car. Finally it too goes off. I drive to work and when I push the lock button on the key fob my rear brake light flashes rapidly and I hear a continual mechanical sound from the passenger door as if it's trying to lock or unlock. My stereo has been cutting out during the playing of CD's. Does any body have any ideas? Other than take it to the shop....Which I intend to do.

With the laundry list of items that have been acting up I would speculate that a common ground has come loose. Now where for you to begin to look sadly I do not know however The GT Guys could likely inform you of a couple key points to look at.

So my suggestion would be to call Rich or Denis otherwise I think that the dealer will be your next stop.

Takes care

Shadowman

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
This may sound strange, but hook up the GT charger for a couple days and see if it goes away. Warning lights going off, having to close doors (turn off dome lights and dash lights) could be a sign of insufficient voltage due to low battery. This is an easy check.

Aug 25, 2006
This may sound strange, but hook up the GT charger for a couple days and see if it goes away. Warning lights going off, having to close doors (turn off dome lights and dash lights) could be a sign of insufficient voltage due to low battery. This is an easy check.

Not strange in fact a good idea; after reading his post again she may simply be sitting.

Shadowman

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
Thanks for all the advice and I will check it out. Just so you know I drive my GT daily. I was on a small vacation with my eldest son at a chess Tourny. When I returned all the little gremlins appeared. Before that happy as a clam or should I say stone crab.

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
Down but not out

Just an update. This AM on my trip north to the next county all hell broke loose. The car seemed to shudder, the rpm's fell, and the tach and speedo quit working. I stopped and restarted and the speedometer and tachometer began working but the voltage gage and fuel gage went to zero and engine light went on. I had enough and dropped it off at a Ft. Laud. maroone to see if they can figure it out. I am not posting this to bitch I hope someone can help me out.

Aug 25, 2006
Just an update. This AM on my trip north to the next county all hell broke loose. The car seemed to shudder, the rpm's fell, and the tach and speedo quit working. I stopped and restarted and the speedometer and tachometer began working but the voltage gage and fuel gage went to zero and engine light went on. I had enough and dropped it off at a Ft. Laud. maroone to see if they can figure it out. I am not posting this to bitch I hope someone can help me out.

I did not read a bitch but could sense a bit of frustration. The later shoes I would be wearing as well.

My guts tells me as I originally mentioned that a silly ground or connector has slowly and now maybe finally worked completely loose.

It is all too easy for me to say relax; and yet at the end of the day you and your gal will be fine.

Thank you for sharing

Shadowman