Eleanor, Gone in 60 Seconds

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Would any one has info (besides what on their web) on Classic Recreations building an officially licensed "Eleanor" Mustang for around $190K +? Is this a car that would appreciate in value? And is it worth buying one? Thanks!

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
It's a nice car, but I don't think it would appreciate at all, probably the opposite.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
+1

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
+2

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
there are too many out there. more than a few companies have built and the sold the recreation of eleanor. i believe the price would dive and then slowly come back up as the years go on.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
there are too many out there. more than a few companies have built and the sold the recreation of eleanor. i believe the price would dive and then slowly come back up as the years go on.

Why would it come up, it is a modern day reproduction of a '67 Shelby??
You can buy every part needed to build one from a catalog.
They can punch out as many as the market demands...

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Clone, For that kind of money you could own an original GT500KR that will appreciate.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
On Friday in the display tent, the seller was yapping about how the value would jump by $50K the day they put Carroll Shelby in the ground. His exact words. We walked away - a disgusting promotional tactic.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I just saw two Shelby GT KR Convertibles (red) go through the BJ auction for $135,000 and $150,000 and were real cars (perfect) not recreations pieced together. The Eleanors do nothing for me. Sorry thats my 2cents. Tomy

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
Why would it come up, it is a modern day reproduction of a '67 Shelby??
You can buy every part needed to build one from a catalog.
They can punch out as many as the market demands...

i may have mispoken. i believe they will go up slightly in value from a dollar low point in the future. this does not mean i believe that one may get more money, or even their original investment back in 10/20/or 30 years.

i do not see the parts catalogs carrying the made over parts(body panels) for this movie recreation in 30 years. if anything they will be making the original parts far longer than the movie car.

I am sorry to hear of your loss Bony. My prayers are with your family.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
At SEMA in the Ford display, '67 exact reproduction bodies were displayed. These are unibodies to which the suspension/subframes are attached, and are relatively inexpensive for a remanufactured vehicle. Little difference between the '67s and 68's.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
A company in the U.K., of all places, sells bare "Shells" of the Eleanor Mustang for the Brits and other Euro's to build up their own recreation. The company's name is FRANKEE'S, for those that might be interested.
Supply and demand for this sort of thing doesn't bode well for an increase in "investment" value, IMO. Suggest going for the REAL THING, if thats your thing.

H

HHGT

I just saw two Shelby GT KR Convertibles (red) go through the BJ auction for $135,000 and $150,000 and were real cars (perfect) not recreations pieced together. The Eleanors do nothing for me. Sorry thats my 2cents. Tomy

Couldn't agree with you more THamon.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I wouldn't waste my Money. Buy a real Shelby.

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Thanks guys to all the replies and comments, much appreciated!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Fakey doos rarely go up in value, if ever

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Remember, the real, original, Eleanor was a '73 blond Mach 1. Check out the hair (on the men and women) in the original movie (not the remake).

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Remember, the real, original, Eleanor was a '73 blond Mach 1. Check out the hair (on the men and women) in the original movie (not the remake).

The guy driving the car wrote the script, directed, produced, and distributed the movie. The cops were real cops, ambulance drivers also real. the car dealer that was demolished was a friend of the creator. Get the DVD and watch the extras. The chase scene will stand up against any made before or since. Like Bullitt the movie itself was kindof boring until the chase started.

The yellow exotic that was stolen was a Manta. It was a 70s kit car that could take a Ford or Chevy V8. It was built out ot Costa Mesa, CA. A badass car for it's time.

H

HHGT

Fakey doos rarely go up in value, if ever

Does that include Gold Diggers with Breast Implants?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Does that include Gold Diggers with Breast Implants?

If built on a young good base these tend to appreciate in the near term, but long term value may not hold up too well.

Last edited: