Bony
bench racer

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
She is fast, dang.

I think its a power to weight ratio thing, she looks significantly lighter than me. :bored

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
What was, and still is impressive to me at least, that Veronica had NEVER EVER done anything like this before the Saleen Day at El Toro.

Going from a "virgin" auto-crosser's first time of 47 to a 35, in just a few runs, is a very special accomplishment. If my new math works right that's nearly a twenty five (25) per cent improvement. I doubt that too many GT drivers made that kind of overall improvement in lap times.

Way to Go Lady V! :thumbsup

p.s. Chip - hide the spare key, too.

To put things in perspective, 35 is faster than most of the runs given by the Saleen drivers in the Mustangs. My driver was especially conservative. Too bad I didn't get a ride in the S7.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Speed Ventures said:
Event Results
SALEEN School of Speed (8/2/2007)

Timing Name LapTime Speed Make Model Year Tires HP
Bruce Li 56 1:31.722 0.000 0 :banana

SV Challenge Series Overall Results

-1999999746 Sort By Class Lap Time

Damn, I didn't get to meet "Bruce Li" at our event. Is Chuck Noris going to be there next year?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Damn, I didn't get to meet "Bruce Li" at our event. Is Chuck Noris going to be there next year?

Chuck has been wise not to attend an event that Bruce is competing in... :wink

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Chuck has been wise not to attend an event that Bruce is competing in... :wink

Is this 'The Bruce' from Malibu that we are talking about here? Wow he beat all of us :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If it is Woboose you are thinking of, where we had lunch at, that is a different Bruce.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Here is the scoop on the fastest lap time. I wasn't going to run my car but at the last minute changed my mind. A very nice guy named Bruce (not Wooboose from Malibu) gave me his time recorder after only making one lap early in the day. Now before you all cry BS:bs:bs:bs the best I was able to do was a 32 and change after 3 laps. DBK suggested Gene "the hired gun from Ford" drive my pulleyed car and see what number he could get. That was his second pass in my car with Bruces recorder. Make sense?

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
OK OK OK. This is the real Bruce, not Chuck Norris' master, but the one that's still alvie and kicking tires and burning rubber :banana I didn't give anyone my recorder, in fact I still had it taped to my car after I got home. ooops... But anyways, the lap times didn't matter, what matter was that we all had a lot of fun, thanks to DBK and Saleen.
I autox at El Toro quite often (monthly) so I'm used to the surrounding even though I only ran the GT once before the event. I also know the people that run the track that Saleen rented from so if we can get enough people together we can have another private event just for us. Track rental is probably somewhere in the $3000 range so if we can get 30 people together, it's only $100 a piece, then we can hire at few corner workers for $50/day (just promise them a few fun rides and maybe we can get them to work for free). I can get another 4 or 5 Lotus guys to run with us, or maybe a few Porsche guys too as I run with both groups, so what do you guys think? Another private autox day with at least 15 to 20 laps per person? But I'd lay out the course much longer, so each lap would at least 65 to 70 seconds, not in the twenties. This is the best way to learn what our cars can do w/o risk of hurting it. We can even setup a skidpad for people to dial in their tire pressure, etc.

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I'm up for some track time in OC.
I've set up a lesson with Danny McKeever at the Streets of Willow in October to get the hang of my GT :banana

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Good choice.

Danny is a great driver and instructor. That is his home turf, he can practically drive it blind folded. It's been about 12 years since I was out there with him last, but a great experience. You will be very fast and smooth on that track at the end of the day. Back then, he did some skid pad work in the session, if you get to do this you confidence will soar even more.

Enjoy !:cheers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Wow, it took me 11 minutes to make that lap. I was really suck'n that day. :confused

I called the guys over there and they posted the results on a different page.

http://www.speedventures.com/results/orphans.aspx

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Those results don't make any sense. It must be some sort of new math that the public schools are teaching.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Those results don't make any sense. It must be some sort of new math that the public schools are teaching.

Uh .... yeah I think they are a bit messed up. Who has a photo of the printout sheets???

S

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Uh .... yeah I think they are a bit messed up. Who has a photo of the printout sheets???

S

I posted what I had in post #16 of this thread.