El Toro Track Results

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Anybody have a copy of the final results they could post here?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
First place!

I'm pretty sure I won the whole thing. Mark McGowan from Ford was a close second but he cut the course a lot. When do I get the prize? I was told it might be a Saleen Mustang?

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Results will be posted at this site sometime early this week:

http://www.speedventures.com/results/Default.aspx

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Here is the run that I spun out on.

spinoutchart.gif

spinoutpath.gif

Here is my best run. I feel pretty good the car is stock with only a Heffner exhaust and I wasn't too much slower than Ed's best time. Ed has a Whipple, Hoosiers and Penskes!

BestLap.gif

BestLappath.gif

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Can't wait to see the results :biggrin I'm probably at the bottom of the list since I had cargo, a passenger and for kicks I was listening to Tom Petty and CCR. hehe good times, good times :rofl Ed I heard that the

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
....prize for the winner was the Saleen S7, that's the reason they didn't even run the engine hehe. Bony gets first place for the loudest quarter mile:thumbsup

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
BlackIce,
What do the red and blue dots mean in the last chart? Is this from a Racelogic Driftbox?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The dots were markers that I set on the course. I forgot to turn them off and yes the info is from a Driftbox. Note that the starting point for the timing was the same as the ending point so delete the data before and after the timing points.

KERRY P

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2005
YORBA LINDA CALIFORNIA
I was in the high 28's and low 29's, didnt see or hear from the scorekeeper showing any one faster. Stock engine and tires!!! What were you turning Ed?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

21 to 22 sec. range. Not sure how I did on the next two thirds of the course though.

Chip

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for posting the graphs. I didn't realize that they had that much telemetry data tracked in their system. I thought time was the only parameter. Very cool indeed.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
did they post the results yet or is my browser just not updating?

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I found out I still had the transponder attached to my front grill after I got home so I emailed to them to ask where to mail the unit back, but after one week, they still haven't wrote me back. OK, be honest w/ me, how many of you still have the transponder???:willy

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
did they post the results yet or is my browser just not updating?

I know! They probably lost them..

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
drew@speedventures.com said:
We'll try to have those posted by this weekend. Apologies for the delay; we're still working out the bugs of the new web-site.

Hope you enjoyed the event...

> When will you guys post the Ford GT / Saleen track event at El Toro?

Sent on Thrusday. Who knows?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
These are the two pictures that I have from my camera of the El Toro timeslips that are legible:

Practice Run #2 would represent most drivers second run on the track, when they are still feeling out the course - so I wouldn't take these times as overly indicative - the fun was just beginning.

Relative time positioning appears to be shown by order of drivers on each individual time slip.

By Practice Run #6 and beyond, times were steadily dropping. I personally drove mine on all runs, and carried Saleen administrative/sales employees as passengers on half of my runs, so that is my rationale for mid pack performance (from 8th out of 26 cars, then dropping to 9th out of 15 cars), in addition to my utter lack of experience in auto cross.

I don't have the runs after Practice Run #6, but I believe they were increasingly faster and aggressive. I would guess most of the GT drivers were at or below 32 seconds in the final runs. On my last lap, I unintentionally relocated my share of pylons and called it a day, content to watch and learn from those with skill and experience.

Definitely fun times...

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
V speed, The Pace Car for an Entire Rally!

I noticed that Veronica's Mazda MX-5 "GT Pace Car" run of 35.1 seconds bested many Ford GT runs that day at El Torro. Now she's an addict. I have to hide the GT keys. On our way back to Phoenix she wanted to detour to Phoenix International Raceway and have a go at that in her Miata! What fun. :thumbsup:cheers:banana

Chip

Attachments

• V Forum.jpg
    V Forum.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 238

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I noticed that Veronica's Mazda MX-5 "GT Pace Car" run of 35.1 seconds bested many Ford GT runs that day at El Torro.
Chip

I might interpret the data somewhat differently, and am certainly not trying to be disrespectful here, but just sharing my interpretation of the limited data.

The Miata and Veronica did well, but it's relative positioning on the indicated slips would show that the Miata is probably not outperforming many Ford GT's, unless you were to take the Mazda 6th run and compare it against the GT's initial practice laps.

The Miata runs an end of the pack 47.403 sec. time in the same practice lap #2, however, keep in mind, no one was really trying in the practice laps I would guess, just trying to get a feel of the course. So, those times are probably not too overly indicative of a car or driver's potential.

In the 6th run, the Mazda's time of 35.15 seconds places it 12th out of the 15 cars driven during that slot. Nonetheless that is impressive to run with the GT's, and even manage to beat 3 of them in that timed set of laps.

In any event, these are just two small snippets, and the final results will likely show more meaningful data, perhaps it could show Mazda dominance, our current data is just too limited to show that.

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I noticed that Veronica's Mazda MX-5 "GT Pace Car" run of 35.1 seconds bested many Ford GT runs that day at El Torro. Now she's an addict. I have to hide the GT keys. On our way back to Phoenix she wanted to detour to Phoenix International Raceway and have a go at that in her Miata! What fun. :thumbsup:cheers:banana

Chip

She'd be scary behind the wheel of a GT. I hope you don’t have issues with a woman driver passing you on the track :thumbsup

I thought my wife was a timid driver until I gave her the keys to my old Cobra replica I had. She turned in to James Bond for 20 minutes. I no longer doubt her driving abilities... I also no longer give her the keys to my car.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Speed Racer Ms. V

Chip

What was, and still is impressive to me at least, that Veronica had NEVER EVER done anything like this before the Saleen Day at El Toro.

Going from a "virgin" auto-crosser's first time of 47 to a 35, in just a few runs, is a very special accomplishment. If my new math works right that's nearly a twenty five (25) per cent improvement. I doubt that too many GT drivers made that kind of overall improvement in lap times.

Way to Go Lady V! :thumbsup

p.s. Chip - hide the spare key, too.