Edmund's Ford Gt vs GTR

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA

H

HHGT

With all respect to Mr. Karl Brauer, that was the stupidest write up I have ever read. Even attempting to compare these two cars is ridiculous. This to me is like comparing a Timex wrist watch to a Rolex. Yah they both tell time and have a date readout, but who cares. I don't.

I'm going to my room BONY.

H

HHGT

Just in case you have not seen this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y27VMeSrJas

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sam,
After your last post of you sitting in your car,.... butt naked, I am still in a recovery mode and attempting not the envision you doing anything, or going any place.
Cheers,
Bony

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Karl,

Neat comparison.

How did you determine the FMV at $115k?

I would love to find a second car at that price.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I agree, where can I find another GT for $115k?:bs

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Did you guys even read his article? He said the GT was better in almost every way, and he certainly didn't say you can buy GT's for $115.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I agree, where can I find another GT for $115k?:bs

I heard of a high mileage (non-savage) one going for under 100K. So it is possible. The new owner got a smoking deal. If I heard about it 1st I might have 2 GTs.

H

HHGT

I heard of a high mileage (non-savage) one going for under 100K. So it is possible. The new owner got a smoking deal. If I heard about it 1st I might have 2 GTs.

You Savage You!!!!!

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I was on the track with a GTR and a ZR 1 this weekend, both very good cars.

Aug 25, 2006
First of all I could not agree more; the Ford GT and the Nissan GTR are not akin to apples and apples as such any comparison is only interesting at best.

Now a bit of trivia

I was informed that a former Ford GT owner purchased a new GTR a couple days ago and during the purchase process was shown a video and then shared several documents at least one of which had to be signed making known that he was aware of the pitfalls and associated risk if the gal was used in the most extreme of situations and then when all was said and done was presented with a Nissan Extended warranty option that in fact covers the transmission and all of its internal clutches etc. for $12K.

Now considering the associated risk and costs should there be a failure the $12k seems reasonable however IMO Nissan did a good smoke and mirrors job of presented a fairly low priced pocket rocket so that like price point vehicle comparisons could be made when in the end the gals should have simply been sold for $12K more from the onset.

Takes care

Shadowman

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Now considering the associated risk and costs should there be a failure the $12k seems reasonable however IMO Nissan did a good smoke and mirrors job of presented a fairly low priced pocket rocket so that like price point vehicle comparisons could be made when in the end the gals should have simply been sold for $12K more from the onset.

Takes care

Shadowman

Exactly!