Dust Devils (The Rally IX Film) Teaser

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
The footage that Alex and I were able to capture over the course of Rally IX in and around Las Vegas looks fantastic! Here is a little taste of what you can look forward to.
BTW, there is still plenty of time to add to the footage pile by sending memory cards or files (I would truly appreciate it).

Enjoy! Justin Lapriore//LetsMakeMedia

[video=vimeo;109779964]https://vimeo.com/109779964[/video]

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
I can't tell if this video is playing properly.......

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
https://vimeo.com/109779964 If the link above is not working properly for you. Thanks!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Oh, this is sure to be fantastic. Thanks Justin and great meeting you in Vegas!

Ed (the tall Asian guy:))

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
You're doing Vimeo. Does it help you to have the files at Vimeo bit rate vs, YouTube bit rate?

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
You're doing Vimeo. Does it help you to have the files at Vimeo bit rate vs, YouTube bit rate?

I think it's just the forum format not playing nicely with the embedded Vimeo video. In all honesty, I try and avoid Youtube, why make people sit through a commercial for something I have no say in?

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
Oh, this is sure to be fantastic. Thanks Justin and great meeting you in Vegas!

Ed (the tall Asian guy:))

Ed, I hope it meets your expectations. Good to meet you too. Cheers.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I think it's just the forum format not playing nicely with the embedded Vimeo video. In all honesty, I try and avoid Youtube, why make people sit through a commercial for something I have no say in?

I was just asking what video format works best for you. Nobody viewing my YouTube videos has to look at commercials. YouTube ads are a choice.

Vimeo bit rate is about double YouTube's. Every file conversion risks quality loss. Just trying to minimize that.

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
I was just asking what video format works best for you. Nobody viewing my YouTube videos has to look at commercials. YouTube ads are a choice.

Vimeo bit rate is about double YouTube's. Every file conversion risks quality loss. Just trying to minimize that.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I generally stick with Vimeo(Pro) as I can choose to embed the video in HD, I think on YouTube you need to rely on the viewer choosing the best format. I do believe the bitrate is higher on Vimeo (as I remember from some of the side by side comparisons that I have seen). A lot of this has to with compression and choosing the proper bitrate when doing the saving/exporting of the initial finished product, I generally push the limits a bit......

J

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yes, YouTube picks a bit rate for you (usually 480), so it's up to the viewer to select HD if their bandwidth supports it. Which usually means most people lay back for the default and miss out on the best quality. So yeah, You Tube makes it a bit difficult. I always say "click HD for best viewing," but the fact is most are happily looking at these on their phones so quality doesn't matter to them.

OTOH, I'm looking at 2560x1440.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Is the video coming as a Christmas present?

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
Is the video coming as a Christmas present?

An early Christmas present. Should be up this weekend......

Ho Ho Ho

Justin//LetsMakeMedia

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I get these vibes sometimes. :biggrin