Dupont Registry, St Petersburg, FL

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Received the below from friend. The video is good, one Ford GT. Centrally located. Would be a way for us Florida GT Forum members to meet.

UFO

I don't know if I've told you guys about this or not.

The DuPont Registry in St. Petersburg, Fl. holds a "Cars and Coffee" event every third Sat. of the month in the parking lot of their complex on Ulmerton Rd. It starts at 7:00 AM and lasts til 9:00 AM so it doesn't interfere with other weekend activities. It's free and is open to anyone with a specialty car. They put up some tents and you can purchase coffee and muffins on site if you want.

We attend whenever it's convenient. When it started out there were maybe 40-50 cars. It has grown and this month there was about 350 cars. They have outgrown the Registry lot and are expanding to the Bic Pen lot next door. Last time there was everything there from a 599 Ferrari to Smart cars. They even welcome rods and cycles but not many of them show up. Last time there were 2 - SLR McLaren Mercedes, an Audi R8, 2 -2009 ZR-1 Corvettes, a Ford GT, tons of Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, etc., etc., etc. The S2000 club and the Smart Car Club meet early at the local Starbucks so they can drive in and park together.

They open the DuPont Registry showroom and welcome attendees in to view the cars they have for sale and on consignment. There are a lot of U Tube videos out there. Here's a link to one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8b6HNE64uU&feature=PlayList&p=11EA1F0BE9DDED7E&index=0&playnext=1

Our friend Ray was there and his Ultima GTR made it on the video. They don't pay much attention to our ZO6. There were about 30 Corvettes in attendance, half of which were ZO6s and half of those were black so we're not real attention getters. They try to discourage burnouts but, as you can see from the video, some people just can't be discouraged. It's a private road in an industrial complex so it's really no big deal. The cops cruise through every once in a while and sometimes stop to look at the cars. A few people get a little exuberant out on Ulmerton Rd. when they leave but I've never seen anyone stopped and ticketed.

It's a neat way to get your weekend started.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I usually go when I am in town. It is a lot of fun, and has grown like crazy over the past year. One time this year a 1969 or 70 fully restored Charger came out of the parking lot, accelerated too fast and lost control. Ended up in the ditch across the street with what looked like a bent frame. Lucky no one was hurt. Some of the people get out of hand when leaving, and while entertaining, if someone gets hurt, its going to close down the event.

Rick

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Nice.

I think the Crystal Cove event has to have been the best ever.....scenery, location, GTs etc

Nearly moved out to OC just for that......and the blondes

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89904207@N00/sets/72157594408087958/show/with/315621636/

Last edited: