duPont Registry Astronomical Prices?

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
In August issue of the duPont Registry there are 3 GT's listed for sale:
On page 76, an '06 Red @1060 miles for $166,940 ie. origional MSRP offered by our forum sponsor FordGTForSale.com. Since no longer listed on the Forum, I assume it has sold.
But--the other two you are not going to believe:
On page 122, an '05 White @7,776 miles for $269,000 listed by Galpin in Los Angeles
and
ON page 158, an"05 Red @ 7 miles for $285,000 apparently listed by an individual.
What's with these last two? I fully understand the price is on the rise, but have I missed something or are these two smoking something? Maybe a bag of gold in the passenger seat? What?:thumbsup

Last edited:

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
You haven't missed anything. They're just fishing.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Have you seen anything advertised in the Dupont Registry worth the money, I haven't.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Dont knock it guys , if the prices are way up there it is good news even if the prices are unrealistic its still letting everyone know that these cars are not a flash in the pan and to own one is a privelage , not like most , if not all of the other common depriciating supercars

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Dubai bait.

Some sheik will rip out page and leave with 'Getter' when he docks/lands; getter gets kickback from finder, brokers, fixers to locate car.

The big #'s make all those guys work, b/c they skim 10%

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
When I bought my first GT I shockingly bought it from a private seller Dupont registry ad that was close to my house. Saw the car advertised for 6 straight months so I took a shot. He was asking 189K.......he got 160. :lol

Not only are the prices outrageous, but the fees to place an ad are ridiculous as well. However if you know the market you can usually talk some sense to a private seller. Dealers not so much. If they are advertising in Dupont they want top dollar. :cheers