Drove my first Ferrari!

Titanboy_24

Jun 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Hey Guys,

I met up with the owner of an F430 yesterday and we headed out to a lapping day at Mosport Race Track. There were some nice cars there including a crazy NSX and some Porsche's. After the first session we parked the car for some photo's in the main parking lot below the paddock. We were going to move to another location when he says "It's easier to find a location if your driving". I honestly thought he was joking but still in shock I climbed into the drivers seat and set off down the road. I didn't push it at all, but just the fact that I was driving one of the cars that I had admired for so long was amazing.

In the end it was a great day that I will never forget! Many thanks again to the owner who allowed me (a 17 year old who just got his licence last week) to drive his car.

Enjoy the pictures!

http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/album466

Lucas

css 290

GT Owner
Sep 6, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
First Ferrari Drive

Great for you ---but obviously the kid's parents have WAY too much money. I imported BB 512's for years and had many including racers. The GT is the equal of any and better than most.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Why do you say that ("rich parents") .In 2006 there are actually kids that can afford such cars and sometimes even through licit or non-sports means. Care to speculate on what the insuranbce would be on a 17 yo owner driver of a Ferrari ?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think you guys are misreading, or maybe I am. He's the 17 year old, the owners age isn't mentioned...in any case, congrats on driving the car. When I was 17 the baddest ass car I'd ever driven was a euro spec Ford Fiesta. Slightly slower/less attractive then a Ferrari F430...:lol

You've got some talent with a camera. Where are you in Ontario?

What do you think Scarfone?

14.jpg

vs.

Picture_158.jpg

Titanboy_24

Jun 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
DBK said:
I think you guys are misreading, or maybe I am. He's the 17 year old, the owners age isn't mentioned...in any case, congrats on driving the car. When I was 17 the baddest ass car I'd ever driven was a euro spec Ford Fiesta. Slightly slower/less attractive then a Ferrari F430...:lol

You've got some talent with a camera. Where are you in Ontario?

What do you think Scarfone?

You're right, I'm the 17 year old who just got his licence. The owner was in his 30's. I think I'd have to take the F430 over the Fiesta, just personal preference though ;). I'm located in Hamilton, Ontario (Between Niagara Falls and Toronto).

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Titan... I enjoy your pictures... keep them coming, they're first class all the way. Come to Fresno, you drive my GT.... even let Piccolo drive it 3 times and she is a girl..... :biggrin

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
That's amazing! I can't really comprehend driving a F430 or a GT at my age (19) and especially at your age. Congratulations! I like the pictures too!

And now I want to know what one has to do at 17 years of age to let them OWN and drive a F430.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Yea those are really good pics, I thought you linkeed us to a pro photo site. Congrats on your ride now try the mighty GT.

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
What camera are you using?

Last edited:

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
bony;
how's your health since :rofl

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
jasper said:
bony;
how's your health since :rofl

Keep it up boys & I'll get one of those ejector seats they've got in 007 for your car. :biggrin Next time I take you for a ride Bony I might just hit that red eject button & enjoy the ride back to FL. Although a stripe would have to be added, I could use a white GT to go w/my other two! :banana

Lucas, your pictures were AWESOME! :thumbsup You do a great job! Hope you get to drive a GT someday soon. It's the best car I've driven!

Piccola

Titanboy_24

Jun 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
BlackStorm said:
What camera are you using?

Nikon D70 with 24-120VR and 70-300 lens'