Driving from TX

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Anyone driving from TX alone or want to ride with me? I don't want to make the drive by myself.

ItsOnlyMoney

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
Celina, Tx
I would have thought Spirit would be driving with you.

David

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I would have thought Spirit would be driving with you.

David

He is taking Spirit, Jr. If I could talk my wife into leaving my 10 year old with someone I would be set. Mommy is not leaving him with anyone.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
David,

I am driving, but Bullit wants someone to ride with him in his car. He needs someone to talk to.:lol:lol:lol

Mrs. Spirit will not be going on this trip [WHOPPIE] I didn't say that did I? So one of my boys will be riding with me & the other one [my professional student:bang] has to be in classes so he can't go.:frown

PLEASE, someone talk to Bullit so he will drive.:driving:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You know, it would be better if he wasn't also known as "Broke Back Chris." I've got some inquiries pending for him to ride with someone, they're just out of town right now. FJP

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
You know, it would be better if he wasn't also known as "Broke Back Chris." I've got some inquiries pending for him to ride with someone, they're just out of town right now. FJP

Frank you can call me names, but I still have your "rest stop" pictures.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...Mommy is not leaving him with anyone.

GOOD FOR HER!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Don'tcha think you an' 'bullitt oughta travel in convoy, Spirit? After all, duzzunt it take TWO Texans to "savvy" a road map or Sat. Nav. screen? :shrug

I'm jus' askin' here... :biggrin

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Don'tcha think you an' 'bullitt oughta travel in convoy, Spirit? After all, duzzunt it take TWO Texans to "savvy" a road map or Sat. Nav. screen? :shrug

I'm jus' askin' here... :biggrin

How much is the gps map of your ford GT driving area? I mean your driveway.

Spirit and I have always convoyed. Let me know the next time you visit the Republic of Texas. We will have a lynch mob oh I mean welcoming committee waiting.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How much is the gps map of your ford GT driving area? I mean your driveway.

Spirit and I have always convoyed. Let me know the next time you visit the Republic of Texas. We will have a lynch mob oh I mean welcoming committee waiting.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl :thumbsup :cheers

Howcome I jest KNEW that'n was a-comin'!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What's this map stuff?

That implies that at least one of us can read:eek, don't it?

GPS?

Good Pop Sickles, or what?:banana

We don't need no stink'n maps. :frown

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What's this map stuff?

That implies that at least one of us can read:eek, don't it?

Naaaaaaaaah! No it don't! It means yuz can foller them thar squiggly kullered lines on...uh...on... Hmmmmmmm. Oh. Ya. I guess it DO, don't it.

My bad! SORRY! I DID give yuz a wee bit too much credit thar! :rofl :cheers :thumbsup

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I'm drving my RED GT out, so feller Texas boys can foller me out if you can keep up hehe. 1000 miles from my house(60 miles N of Austin) to Chip's. Planning on a bonzai run out to Chip's on Sunday Sep. 7th. Leaving about 6am Central time and eta at 8PM Central or 7Pm Mountain time (or sooner, but I will deny saying that lol). PS: My car ain't gettin' no detail 'til after I'm back (quiet Pockets!). Maybe that dirt will keep the "crazies" from foolin' widdit. My teenage daughter will be accompanying me. Bullitt could ride with me and she could sit in his lap......wait that ain't such a good idear is it? Better yet, she could drive Bullitt's car out and he can drive mine.....I'll sleep.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
PS: My car ain't gettin' no detail 'til after I'm back (quiet Pockets!).

Yessir... :usa

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'm drving my RED GT out, so feller Texas boys can foller me out if you can keep up hehe. 1000 miles from my house(60 miles N of Austin) to Chip's. Planning on a bonzai run out to Chip's on Sunday Sep. 7th. Leaving about 6am Central time and eta at 8PM Central or 7Pm Mountain time (or sooner, but I will deny saying that lol). PS: My car ain't gettin' no detail 'til after I'm back (quiet Pockets!). Maybe that dirt will keep the "crazies" from foolin' widdit. My teenage daughter will be accompanying me. Bullitt could ride with me and she could sit in his lap......wait that ain't such a good idear is it? Better yet, she could drive Bullitt's car out and he can drive mine.....I'll sleep.

I like the first idea, but I'll probably be done by Troy. (Central Texans will get this)

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Suggestion for Pockets

You could fly in to Texas and drive out with Bullitt in his GT. I think it will rain along the way. Might be a great experience Confront your fears, so to speak.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006

Did the suicide run last year ... Mo to Scottsdale then SoCal to Mo. (post rally). The drive was cool but I think it took me 3 days to recover from the trip back. Drank too many of those 6 hour energy shots that they sell at the gas stops.... felt like a meth head for a few days afterward. :ack

I have a way cool photo of the Heritage at a gas stop in California hi-desert with about a 100 people looking at the car! Every stop people acted like they where seeing a UFO! :biggrin

Enjoy the ride but buy a pair of those flexible neck pillows you'll appreciate the neck support.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Texans

What Texas boys are in for the "Bonzai Run" on Chip's house Sep. 7th from Central Texas?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What Texas boys are in for the "Bonzai Run" on Chip's house Sep. 7th from Central Texas?

No "Bonzai Running" for this old codger.

Just steady as she goes, that's my motto.

Will also leave Sunday headed to Chip's place, but as long as I get there before Wed AM all is good.

Where is Silverbullitt on this trip?

Please advise, I have been working LOOOOOOOOOONG hours lately.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I plan on leaving Fort Worth on Sunday the 7th with a layover somewhere in NM, then on to Scottsdale, arriving on Monday 8th afternoon.