Drifting schools?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
May sound like a weird question.

After having some fun ripping around in her new CTS-V, my lovely wife is actually interested in our going to a drifting school together for a fun weekend/2-3 day course.
Would be more fun to tear up some of the school's tires than ours.

Has anybody attended one or know of a good one?

Thanks !

Last edited:

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
I went to Bondurant's two day school a few years ago. I did not attend the drifting school, I was in one of the other high performance driving/racing courses but at the time they were talking about starting a drifting program. I just went to their website to see if they're offering it but I didn't see anything. I did find this article though:

http://sportcompactcar.automotive.c...nt-drifting-school-phoenix-arizona/index.html

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
that looks like fun!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
that looks like fun!

Heck yeah !

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I've been to a few driving schools but never to a drifting school and would be interested in going also.

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
drifters

kjslider is a member on this site. You may want some input from him. I believe the slider refers to his drifting experience!

:thumbsup

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston

Hmmmmm....FGT owners day at the 360 driving academy anyone?

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
You might want to use "their" car to learn instead of the GT. I few months back I had a private car-control techniques training day. Within 2.5 hours, 3 of the 4 GY tires wore all the way down to the inner cord, visually able to see the cord more than an inch wide and ~ a foot long... The 2 rears were only 2 months old at the start of the day. Had a great time and learned a lot, but the day ended way before schedule.

The next day, I switched to the Bridgestones. As many have said, Bridgestones are better.

Good luck on your drift school.

GTED

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Haven't you guys watched McGowan wear out tires in a matter of minutes on the Nardo car?