"Drained"

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Whew!!! I am drained.

Not because of a car issue, but just saw Lone Survivor. Read the book and they did a good job of portraying the actual events of those days. Saw a 17-min video about it before we went to the movie and Marcus Luttrell, who is in a number of the movie's scenes said the producers did a good job of portraying what happened, but could never-ever capture the intensity of what occurred.

Recommended viewing.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I saw it this morning, yes intense but well done!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Wifey and I saw it on Friday. "Intense" is a good discription.

Needless to say, the families of those who were killed shouldn't get within 10 miles of it.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Makes you want to reconsider how you live your life!
Mark

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
And appreciate all that our tax dollars and military do for us!! Without them, we would be speaking a different language. Great movie.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Watch this. A liberal civvy interviewer is educated by the Navy SEAL the movie is about (Marcus Luttrell). I'm glad this guy is on our side.
Can't wait to see the movie.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v...0/lead-dnt-tapper-lone-survivor-film.cnn.html

It really irritates me when they use "Seal" vs "SEAL" too.

Wahlberg - from Marky Mark to SEAL.. good range.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think the internet berating Jake Tapper has taken is completely misguided. Tapper is a very fair reporter, his book chronicling US troops in Afghanistan was very well received, and he's done two documentaries on Medal of Honor recipients. I also read Lone Survivor and the feeling Tapper was attempting to convey was a reasonable one. He's just trying to make the point to the wrong guy, because it's not that guy's job to ask the question.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I wasn't aware of any mass berating. I view the CNN website daily yet rarely look at their videos, but this one caught my eye. I've never heard of Jake Tapper or viewed his other works.. but.. in this particular interview he comes off like a guy attempting to gain confirmation for his personal beliefs, a guy who has never served, and thinks meat comes from Walmart. When he used the word "senseless" I wanted to tip his chair, can't imagine how Luttrell felt.

If those who stand to lose the most are the wrong guys, who in the world are the right guys? I reject the Charge of the Light Brigade rhetoric.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
He got jumped pretty hard for it on the internet with the "You hate the troops!" stuff, especially on Twitter. Not sure how that's a conclusion anyone could arrive at. I understand why Luttrell jumped on the phrasing he used, but if anything that just illustrates the difference between how civilians and soldiers view combat and death.

Tapper was senior WH correspondent for ABC News until last year and was reliably adversarial in the press room. I don't watch CNN so I haven't seen anything since he left for them.

Since I read Lone Survivor I'll probably skip the dramatization, but I did rewatch Restrepo this weekend. It's worth watching if you haven't seen it.

[video=youtube_share;8VljGFoQbgA]http://youtu.be/8VljGFoQbgA[/video]

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I remember when they brought Danny Dietz home.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/01/05/movie-lone-survivor-features-story-of-littletons-danny-dietz/

Around the same time a Longmont soldier perished