Dorkey Mom3 Got Laidoff

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Guys got an email dorkeymom3 got laid off last week, any who remember, she was the spark plug that did alot of the doors on our gt. she s on our board, give her a pep talk, there is a future :eek some where in detroit:eek . MY TIP ,DONT LOOK TO CHRYSLER :thumbsup . GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND... GTJOEY 1314

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Maybe the GT guys need someone with body experience? Of course, knowing the left door only may be a little handicapping, kind of like a neurosurgeon doing proctology, but hell, I always tell people I haven't seen in a long time that I'm a proctologist cause all of my friends are a$$holes. Dorkymom, having been out of work about 6 years ago, I feel for you. Give it time and things should work out. Dr. Frank

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Joey, I have friends out here in So Cal that for years have gone from employed to laid off back to employed in the aircraft industry, and understand the auto industry is much the same. It can be a hard to go. I hope the best for her.
News I hear is a split is coming for Mercedes and Chrysler.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
D.M.3:
This is going to sound like I'm just feedin' yuh "feel good" blather. I'm NOT. I'm tellin' yuh FACT. It's FACT that everytime one door closes in life, another one opens.

You WILL look back at this time one day and say, "Dang! Am I ever glad I was bumped outta THERE!"

I know that doesn't seem possible right NOW ... but, you just wait. You'll see.

'BEEN THERE ...'DUNN THAT.

'Pockets

Last edited:

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Dorkymom, good luck finding a new job doing something you enjoy! I'm sure you'll find something great. Wish you the best!!

MJ

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Dorkeymom3

There is no doubt that being laid-off is a significant juncture in ones life and I will not try to presuppose how you feel or how much time (if any) that you had to prepare for this. To infer one could actually prepare for such an event in itself maybe a bit presumptuous on my part because until the final day this is likely more of an emotional exercise at best.

All I can say is “all the best” as your journey unfolds and a most sincere thank you for the time you spent massaging these wonderful gals during their build process.

Takes care

Shadowman

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
Maybe the GT guys need someone with body experience? Of course, knowing the left door only may be a little handicapping, Dr. Frank

Hey, I just totaled my right door and fendor. :ack Maybe we can work something out.:biggrin

Craig

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hey, I just totaled my right door and fendor. :ack Maybe we can work something out.:biggrin

Craig

Craig, how did you do that? At the track? I hope the damage is not to bad.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Wishing her the best of luck, I know she will land on her feet. Joey, should we scholarship her to Indy? I am in if you want to lead the way... It is the people

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Best wishes! I recall meeting her and spending some time, plus she's posted here quite a bit. I have some pics of her and me and GTJoey together, but I'd better not post or she'll have a bunch of these board romeos trying to track her down! She's a beautiful and talented lady and I'm sure the next step on her life's journey will be even more rewarding!

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
GTJoey,

Glad to see your thinking of others once again, your the best. God bless America, GTJoey, Ford, and Donkey3mom.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
:usa ,bony and racerx too.......:thumbsup gtjoey, for the people , from the people , of the people , one gt gas cap at a time .....:biggrin gtjoey 1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Also dbk :biggrin gtjoey 1314

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Wishing her the best of luck, I know she will land on her feet. Joey, should we scholarship her to Indy? I am in if you want to lead the way... It is the people

As I mentioned on another thread, I surely missed a great trip to Michigan. Listening to all of you makes me feel that I was really there. I have heard over and over how many really good people were involved in buiding this great car. That....has to be grand in itself, the car is icing on the cake. Would love to participate in doing something for all of these people that are being laid off, but we surely can't do for all, at times maybe for a few. Bony's idea is gallant, and I think some consideration should be taken from members of this group that might feel the same way. I for one, commend bony for always thinking for the unfortunate, and I would join in doing whatever I could,.... to be a part of it. If something can be done by GTJOEY and DBK, so be it, I'm in.:thumbsup

Gino

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
We already offered donkeymom an oppertunity to come , with kids and all like most of us , she is in 10 directions, her boys are close in age too, , the offer has been given as for others in the 'd' area dbk and i offered tickets to others who couldnt scrap p enough for the weekend, you will see some surprise faces that are coming the race day only. Remember mich. to indy is 4 to 5 hours its a good round day trip... :thumbsup 1442 HEAR ANYTHING YET? GTJOEY 1314

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
We already offered donkeymom an oppertunity to come , with kids and all like most of us , she is in 10 directions, her boys are close in age too, , the offer has been given as for others in the 'd' area dbk and i offered tickets to others who couldnt scrap p enough for the weekend, you will see some surprise faces that are coming the race day only. Remember mich. to indy is 4 to 5 hours its a good round day trip... :thumbsup 1442 HEAR ANYTHING YET? GTJOEY 1314

GTJOEY, please accept my apologies if I failed to mention you and DBK in my last post. I know that you guys are ahead of some of us, when it comes to helping these people out. Knowing how some us feel, may better help you to determine the extent of that help. Thank you for doing all of this.
Waiting for a communication from Indy, but will call on Tues. to make sure the info reached the boss.:thumbsup

Gino

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
No need to apologies my friend ,hope see you next week. gtjoey 1314

dorkymom3

Aug 5, 2006
Clinton Twp, Mi
Dorkymom3 lives on....

Gee whiz... from the sounds of it, I may be gone but I"m definately not forgotten!! Its a great feeling of LOVE... Thanks to all. Now, for the update... Been laid off 2 weeks now and I am enjoying some home construction(demolition) call it what you want, hahaha... AND I'm going to go to school. I am enrolling into Ross Medical School to be a Nursing Assistant. As most of you know, I am a single mom with 3 boys and am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, so being laid off wasnt a real bad thing. Its an opportunity I cant pass up. My youngest son Zack (13) loves me being home cause now I can get him chocolate milk in the morning & drive him to school. Havent been able to do that for 3 yrs. & its been really nice so far. Nursing school will take 30 weeks as its an accelerated course. They offer day & night classes, I took day as not to interfere with my time with kids. Across the board, its a great opportunity for all of us here. I truly enjoy working for Saleen, but I have to think about our future here. So.... 2wks into my lay off I go to the gym, work out, and f...ed up my back pretty bad!!!! I'm on Vicodins which make me very tired so now I sleep!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!! Good Lord, when will it stop? I cant be down right now, hahahaha.... I'll be fine though, Im a fighter. GTJoey, changed my mind, can I still go to INDY somehow? Let me know. Anyways, thats about all for now, Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers, I really do cherish them all.

Be safe,
Drive fast, BUT...
Dont get caught!!!

Love you all, Jennifer (dorkymom3)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Gee whiz... from the sounds of it, I may be gone but I"m definately not forgotten!! Its a great feeling of LOVE... Thanks to all. Now, for the update... Been laid off 2 weeks now and I am enjoying some home construction(demolition) call it what you want, hahaha... AND I'm going to go to school. I am enrolling into Ross Medical School to be a Nursing Assistant. As most of you know, I am a single mom with 3 boys and am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, so being laid off wasnt a real bad thing. Its an opportunity I cant pass up. My youngest son Zack (13) loves me being home cause now I can get him chocolate milk in the morning & drive him to school. Havent been able to do that for 3 yrs. & its been really nice so far. Nursing school will take 30 weeks as its an accelerated course. They offer day & night classes, I took day as not to interfere with my time with kids. Across the board, its a great opportunity for all of us here. I truly enjoy working for Saleen, but I have to think about our future here. So.... 2wks into my lay off I go to the gym, work out, and f...ed up my back pretty bad!!!! I'm on Vicodins which make me very tired so now I sleep!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!! Good Lord, when will it stop? I cant be down right now, hahahaha.... I'll be fine though, Im a fighter. GTJoey, changed my mind, can I still go to INDY somehow? Let me know. Anyways, thats about all for now, Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers, I really do cherish them all.

Be safe,
Drive fast, BUT...
Dont get caught!!!

Love you all, Jennifer (dorkymom3)

Great news, Hang in there the schooling will pay off.......:wink