Big Dog

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Friends,
Before I received my GT I noticed a slight scratch on the sill plate.I see were it is easy to drag the side of your foot across it because its a bitch getting in and out of this awesome piece of machinery.
What I decided to try to prevent any more abuse is to cut a piece of 3M packaging tape about 10 inches long. I applied a piece from the Logo to the start of the stainless. The tape is the same in width as the sill plate. I think it looks almost undetectable.

NOTE: does anyone have a tip on removing a slight scratch from the sill plate?

I also applied the tape to the passenger side, I guess once the tape gets old its easy to replace and its cheap to use.

I bought a spare set of plates (actuall got them with one of my cars from the previous owner) and have clear-filmed the sills on all the cars. Insurance to be sure.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Oh,, there will be some trick custom sill plates coming soon !! They should be a little more scratch resistant !! Watch this space for details !!

Brien, would they include custom inscriptions? ie. Expressly built for...

Mad Max

Apr 7, 2006
SE Michigan
Info just so you know
5G7Z-6313208-BAA right side. 10 at various dealers, 36 in stock at the Memphis depot. List price is $63.65
5G7Z-6313208-CAA left side. 10 at various dealers, 61 in stock at Memphis depot. List price is $63.65

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
LH part number is 5G7Z-6313208-CAA

Mad Max

Apr 7, 2006
SE Michigan
LH part number is 5G7Z-6313208-CAA

Oops, force of habit to make the left side the odd number:ack. Thanks for the correction:thumbsup

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Oops, force of habit to make the left side the odd number:ack. Thanks for the correction:thumbsup

I do the same thing you get so used to the base numbers and how they generally are biased left to right. I deal with these numbers a lot so that is how I picked it up.

Mad Max

Apr 7, 2006
SE Michigan
I do the same thing you get so used to the base numbers and how they generally are biased left to right. I deal with these numbers a lot so that is how I picked it up.

I am with you, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week:cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Info just so you know
5G7Z-6313208-BAA right side. 10 at various dealers, 36 in stock at the Memphis depot. List price is $63.65
5G7Z-6313208-CAA left side. 10 at various dealers, 61 in stock at Memphis depot. List price is $63.65

MAN!!! Have THOSE suckers gone up!!!!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brien, would they include custom inscriptions? ie. Expressly built for...

Terry, Right now we plan to have the option to have year and last four of the Vin i.e. 2006 # 9999. The sill plate is actually two pieces . This is going to be available on the rear small section.

I was also was thinking to have some small text saying " 4X Lemans Champion " but we may scrap that?? I hope to have some drawings soon and will ask for feed back. I would think Project 321 would personalize a set to say whatever you want but there would be cost associated in the machine program set up. I hope to make a separate post very soon !!:wink

There will be two types the second will have more CF area !!

See some teaser photos here : http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12936

Last edited:

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Maybe something like this........
I printed this on clear for my car when I got it. The clear covers the complete area on the drivers's side, aft of the latch, so there is no edge exposed and the printed part is about 3.5" long.

:cheers
Trent

sill.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I knew there was a good reason I didn't know your last name.

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
Maybe something like this........
I printed this on clear for my car when I got it. The clear covers the complete area on the drivers's side, aft of the latch, so there is no edge exposed and the printed part is about 3.5" long.

:cheers
Trent

sill.jpg

This has nothing to do with your post, but I thought it was kind of interesting that my name is Trenton so Trent for short and I was born in Calgary...

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I knew there was a good reason I didn't know your last name.

With a last name like mine noooobody calls me Mr........ :biggrin OK by me:thumbsup

This has nothing to do with your post, but I thought it was kind of interesting that my name is Trenton so Trent for short and I was born in Calgary...

Wow - small world - you're in Dubai right?

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
Yeah, small world for sure. Yup, I'm over in that big sand pit they call Dubai.
Have you always lived in Calgary?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Nope but after 28 years here it feels like it.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
How about this one.

Attachments

• Keith's GT's 097.jpg
    Keith's GT's 097.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 105

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Are the sill plates easy to replace? Something I can do myself? I have a set coming from Torrie as a backup set for later. Thanks, AC

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sure, easy to replace on those cheap colored cars. Just take a stick of dynamite.......

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
With a last name like mine noooobody calls me Mr........ :biggrin OK by me:thumbsup

I resemble that statement...:cheers