Door Pictures

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Gentlemen,
As I start my search for a GT I'm trying to decide on the Mac / no Mac option. I've seen the pictures of the Sub woofer. How different are the interior door panels? Could someone post a photo of each interior door panel? I did a search couldn't find what I was looking for. Thx for your help.

Steve T

GT Owner
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Don't think the door panels change with or without the mac...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thx Steve,
I was under the impression the Mac cars had some extra speakers / tweeters etc. in the doors?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The Mac doors have 1 inch tweeters in them just below the vent glass. Not really noticeable from the standard door with cheap radio. Good luck trying to find car without it.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Pretty sure the only big difference is the big SUB that we all have in the center of the two seats. There is another post where some guys are re-cinfiguring the woooooofer and putting it behind the passenger seat.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
door speakers

There are also little speakers in the door up high. I have never actually heard them because the boom box really takes over. I am in the minority here but both radios are a waste of money, space and weight in the car. I cannot tell the difference in the actual sound quality. The center boom box speaker is pretty strong and really does take up some space. Somebody on the forum even posted that it weighs like 30 plus pounds with the amp..
As I said, I am in the minority here, but the only music you need on this car sits behind the glass and sounds just fine! :thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I had a hard time finding any pictures of the GT without the Mac stereo option.

Does anyone have any good pictures of the subwooferless GT? I particularly would like to see how well the supercharger is viewable.

Thanks. I'm still about 2 weeks out from arrival of my GT.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Here's the most recent string:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3080

And here's a few photos I picked off this site that were posted by others:

Last edited:

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
I posted a picture to my gallery. I also included a photo of the console with MAC deleted as shipped from the factory.

Door
http://www.fordgtforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1370&cat=500&ppuser=766

Console
http://www.fordgtforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1371&cat=500&ppuser=766

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thx for all your feedback ...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks for the great pictures gentlemen.

Very helpful.