door ajar light

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
Why does this light stay on? Closed doors, hood, and rear securely, yet can't get the light to go out.

leon

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Mine does that due to the clam shell. Open and close the clam again. Sometimes it's a bit fussy.

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Happened to me too. you can try wiggling the sensor for the clamshell

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
leon said:
Why does this light stay on? Closed doors, hood, and rear securely, yet can't get the light to go out.

leon

Do a search several threads on the subject

Dave

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
This one drives me crazy. Did you notice on the newer 06 cars that the clamshell closing bumpstops are now spring loaded. This lets the clamshell drop farther when closed to engage the latches every time. I I would have thought of it I would have asked Saleen to convert mine when I was there. I had to pull over yesterday to reclose the shell even though I could have swore that it was latched.

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
clamshell sensor

ETW said:
Happened to me too. you can try wiggling the sensor for the clamshell

Thanks for the info. Where is the clamshell sensor and don't just say "near the clamshell". This GT owner is not at all mechanical

Thanks,
leon

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
The sensor is likely setting this off, but it is probaby not a sensor issue. Most likely it is that the rear latches for the clamshell (1 on each side) appears closed but may not have fully locked/engaged.

A quick way to determine this is to walk to each side of the clamshell and pull up next to the door above the side scoop. You may find that one of the sides will pop up and you can try to close it again and see if the light goes out.

I would start there if it were me. Each side of the clamshell has a rubber bump stop. You can lower the bump stop to get more clearance for closing.
Hope this helps.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Where is the clamshell sensor and don't just say "near the clamshell".
Leon, they are in the actual latch mechanism. Next time you have the clamshell open, look at the latches on the rear firewall of the car (not on the clamshell) and you will see the latches and the wires going to them.

Terrence

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2006
Los Angeles
leon said:

leon

Mine too. Light on since day 1. After Diablo flasher, it went away for a few days. Now its back. :shrug