Don't forget the Kids

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Yesterday while putting gas in my GTX1, a young boy appeared and said "I love your GT40" to which I said, ask you Dad if you can go for a ride. His Dad consented so we went for a short ride and I gave him a Hot Wheels GTX1 Prototype which I carry in the car for kids. His name is Jamie, he is 10 years old and this was an event he will probably carry through life. Jamie was probably not able to sleep much last night, but the truth is, I enjoyed it as much as he did.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Yesterday while putting gas in my GTX1, a young boy appeared and said "I love your GT40" to which I said, ask you Dad if you can go for a ride. His Dad consented so we went for a short ride and I gave him a Hot Wheels GTX1 Prototype which I carry in the car for kids. His name is Jamie, he is 10 years old and this was an event he will probably carry through life. Jamie was probably not able to sleep much last night, but the truth is, I enjoyed it as much as he did.

Awesome. I love the idea of carrying Ford GT Hot Wheels for kids that you meet who are into the car.

Rob

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Nice ..... very nice. I carry 8.5" x 11" laminated color photos of my car with specs on the reverse, also for the kids. It makes a difference ..... as you pointed out for them and us!

Aug 25, 2006
This was and is a VERY good thing

Take care

Shadowman

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Being the self centered looser I am, I never even thought of the Hot Wheels or photo ideas!!! Those are great!:biggrin

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I got invited to a Sprint Car School in Ventura. My longtime buddy's boss, had a hard time in the 630 hp, 1200 lb Sprint Cars, partly since the helmet she picked was much too large and was moving around, something that is not good when you are surrounded by concrete on a dirt track.

She said that my ride in the GT with her to the race track made the day special, and one that she will NEVER forget. She said it really made her day, and was more fun than driving the Sprint Car, since she had a tough time with the Sprint Car.

We are all very very fortunate to have this special car, and the power to create memories for ourselves and others...

Sharing is a beautiful thing, particularly when it comes to the GT. I haven't learned to share the "driving" part yet. Only with my pilot friend, that I trust.

Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Nice ..... very nice. I carry 8.5" x 11" laminated color photos of my car with specs on the reverse, also for the kids. It makes a difference ..... as you pointed out for them and us!

This was and is a VERY good thing

Take care

Shadowman

We are all very very fortunate to have this special car, and the power to create memories for ourselves and others...

Sharing is a beautiful thing, particularly when it comes to the GT.

Sharing a little of the GT experience with others, especially with those younger folks, is the least we can do.

Last night while out with Mrs. Spirit at a local restaurant, a little guy [I would guess about 4 or 5 years old] came up to us, and the conversation went like this:
Boy: “Is that car yours?”
Spirit: “Yes it is.”
Boy: “What kind of car is it?”
Spirit: “It’s a Ford GT.”
Boy: “Wow, I thought so; I got a Hot Wheels that looks just like it, except mine has the number 4 on it.”

My guess is that when he got home, he pulled out his Hot Wheels, and enjoyed the experience all over again.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
I like the Hot Wheels idea! With other cars of mine, I used to carry a Polaroid camera around and if any young ones were enthusiastic about the cars, I'd offer to take a picture of them in the drivers seat and let them have the picture for a souvenir. Always got a kick out of the smiles this generated!:thumbsup

racegirl

Whenever my friends come over their first reaction is "OMGOMGOMG a FORD GT!!!!" and then their voices seem to hesistate as they ask if there was any way they could get a ride in at..as if they are going to be denied their request for a ride in my dads GT. my dad has given every family member/friend that has asked a ride with absolutely no hesitation. i think he finds it rewarding to make someones day like that. whenever we have parties, i rarely see my dad because hes out driving friends and family around in the GT the whole time!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
what a great sharing group of owners, thumbs up to all:thumbsup

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Great ideas guys!!! The people at my church want to use mine for fund raisers, when I get it back from Gennadi.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I've taken a few kids for a ride in mine - the funny thing is their dads who look on rather enviously but are too manly to ask for a ride too!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Last Night my sons friend wanted to show it to his buddies which I promptly drove him to work - at the local fire station. These guys were all over it being American Iron!

After talking with the chief he invited my nephew who is 3 to come visit the fire station last night. Did you ever try to hold a 3 yr olds attention for more than 3 minutes? The fire station did - thank you!

Last edited:

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Let's see....If every GT owner goes out and buys 10 Hot Wheels cars to give away that's over 40000 cars.

Let's negotiate a group buy!!:banana :banana

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'm in, put me down for 10.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I'll need 100.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I give out these; closer to our model. Comes in 3-4 colors

http://cgi.ebay.com/YAT-MING-1-72-D...oryZ7316QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
The best part of owning a GT for me is the social interaction the car provides. I love giving rides, most of which have been the younger crowd. It is amazing to me how many youngsters know the history of these cars. The car is an absolute hit everywhere it goes. I took it to a local car show this past weekend where numerous people got to sit in it and some had their pictures taken too. I even got a 2nd place trophy in the Sport Cars, Foreign & Domestic class only to be beat out by a beautiful small block Cobra. I have never had so much fun as I have had with my GT. I love it! :thumbsup

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Early influence...

My first GT40 experience was with David Piper in 1964. I was in my early teens. The experience stayed with me – right through the delivery of my Ford GT. I’ve reciprocated where I can. The most memorable was at the GT Rally in Detroit last year. “Jennifer” - of the ‘door assembly’ fame, surprised me when she told me that neither she nor he kids had ever ridden in a GT. Of course I offered a ride. She ran home at lunchtime to get the boys and both the youngsters enjoy a fast blast down local roads. Hooked forever, I’m sure. We have to keep the kids interested - so we can leave the hobby in good hands. :wink

Gordo.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The best part of owning a GT for me is the social interaction the car provides. I love giving rides, most of which have been the younger crowd. It is amazing to me how many youngsters know the history of these cars. The car is an absolute hit everywhere it goes. I took it to a local car show this past weekend where numerous people got to sit in it and some had their pictures taken too. I even got a 2nd place trophy in the Sport Cars, Foreign & Domestic class only to be beat out by a beautiful small block Cobra. I have never had so much fun as I have had with my GT. I love it! :thumbsup

congrats on the win, and putting smiles on folk's faces:banana :thumbsup :banana