Does the GT live up to its name?

DBS

Permanent Vacation
May 10, 2006
sharp33 said:
Is the fit and finish the best I've ever seen? No. Do I think the car is worth the money? Absolutely! In fact I'm inclined to agree with Jay Leno who stated in one of the Autoweek interviews that the GT was "the bargain of the century." I think if you want to know if the owners really love their cars or not, ask them if they'd buy another. I would in a heart beat. Quite a few of the forum members own more than one GT and someday I hope to join that elite level of the club. :thumbsup

What areas of fit and finish do you think lack attention to detail?

By the way, thanks for your reply...... :thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I fail to understand where this is leading - you don't own one, it's out of your price range I think you said, and yet you are seeking knowledge of areas that lack attention to detail?

I wouldn't want to cause offence, however, it seems a bizarre line of enquiry.

As posted below, any car will have imperfections - most owners of expensive or exotic cars learn to put these flaws to one side as they do not ultimately detract from the whole.

Ever looked at a 250SWB under a microscope? A Muira? A Murcielago? A DB5? A Vanquish? Just about every car has a little something here and there - particularly hand built ones.

DBS

Permanent Vacation
May 10, 2006
Are any of the UK owners taking their cars to any shows this year?

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
In my eyes the engineering, fit and finish and materials used on this car are dead on. Think about how short a period of time it took Ford to get this car from the drawing board to the finished product. Are their some parts shelf items in the car, yes. Could they have added some minor enhancements to the vehicle to make it a little more refined, yes. But for my dollar, or 167,000 of them, thank you Ford the car is "dead on". Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar Mercedes etc. etc., they've been building high end sports cars for years and can't say that they have leg up on the GT. Ford did exactly what they did in the 60's when Enzo pissed them off, they've beaten them at their own game. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and all posted here should be looked at in that manner but it will take an awful lot to wipe the smile off my face when it comes to my GT, something I'm proud to own!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Well said.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Hi DBS, Roush are organising a tour to Le Mans to celebrate the 1966/2006 GT40/GT. I'll be there!

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I'll be there as well. I believe about twelve GTs are making the trip.

Rob