Do Tickets Transfer to Home State in AZ?

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
I live in Arizona and was wondering if tickets in Nevada and California transfer back to your AZ license. Anyone have experience? Thanks.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
yes

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
You can run but you can no longer hide.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Defferred

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Do a google search with RECIPROCITY, ARIZONA, and SPEEDING / TRAFFIC TICKETS.

Here is an example of some information, for educational purposes only, not independently verified, not offered as legal advice.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Will_a_speeding_ticket_from_another_state_affect_your_auto_insurance

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I can tell you that in Idaho, tickets written by city police do not make it out of state, but tickets written by the state highway patrol do. I wonder if this disparity might occur in other states?

66GT40

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 18, 2005
I had tickets in Ohio, Arizona and Wyoming transfer to my license in Nevada. These 3 tickets added to 1 in Nevada caused me to have to take the written test again before renewing my license. Almost flunked the test but just barely passed it. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Jerry

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i have never had a ticket out of state transfer to me here in Arizona and i have had alot of them in california, nevada and new mexico

Joules5

Oct 16, 2007
Biggest Little City
Whereabouts in Nevada did you get a ticket?

There is a local agreement where all Clark County (Las Vegas) speeding tickets can be negotiated down (for about a $400 fee) to a non-moving violation i.e. parking ticket with zero points.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

There is a local agreement where all Clark County (Las Vegas) speeding tickets can be negotiated down (for about a $400 fee) to a non-moving violation i.e. parking ticket with zero points.

Even at speeds about 200 mph?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

That is pretty interesting. I wonder how they rationalize that?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That is pretty interesting. I wonder how they rationalize that?

It was the same when Camilo and I both got 87 in a 70 in Indiana on the way to F1. For something like $252 dollars the $140 ticket was removed from the record so long as we don't get another ticket inside a year in that county.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
damn, you learn something everyday. I will really have to check out the Clark County thing. Have a house there, sadly a free renter lives in it... :(

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Loop Hole?

Almost all of the little towns around here do the same thing under the rule of "deferred adjudication".

Can't get caught in that town for 90 days for any traffic violatons, or you got to pay the orginal fines [on top of the fine paid to keep it off the record] and it then goes on to your driving record.

Costs more than the ticket would cost, but keeps your record clean.

And yes, I do have "priors" in using this "loop hole" to keep them pesky insurance rates down.

Yes, I know this is nothing more than a very lucrative revenue producer for all of these cash strapped bureaucrats, but what's a guy to do?.