Do not read this if you like the OEM sub location

Aug 25, 2006
ACRJoe said:
As I recall, your design also duplicted the 4250 ml (1.5 cf) internal volume of the OEM speaker enclosure.

10-4

Shadowman

WFS GT

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
San Diego, CA
Nice job!

This looks great. The new sub enclosure looks well done. Do you want to fab another? I am sure many of us would make the change if we could get our hands on such a clean enclosure. Thank you for sharing the info and results of your project.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
primo work, I am interested in buying the enclosure as well. :thumbsup

Mighty Noid

Oct 26, 2006
Anyword on a cost yet for this?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Bony, that's a cheap, animated avatar. Back to the real stuff please.

Aug 25, 2006
I am sorry for the delay

I did not except Ash to want to fabricate anymore enclosures however I spoke with a few minutes ago and he said he would do so. He also agreed to have a cost for me by Wednesday.

Now keep in mind; the box would complete including the fiberglassing of the inside; wrapped on the exterior including the poly fill ready for the speaker to be popped in however the remaining two aluminum panels will likely need to be purchased locally and I will gladly share the size and the hole locations so the conversion process will be painless.

All the best

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE

Ash just called and we chatted about the subwoofer enclosures.

He is willing to make a single run of enclosures as long as enough folks desire them. He would like to make 10 or so all at the same time. They would be ready to bolt into place all you will have to do is screw the subwoofer in once the 2 lead wire is extended from the present OEM length of a few inches to 4'.

The cost for the completed enclosures is $350.00 each plus shipping.

Now let me be "VERY" clear; I have "NO" financial interest in this process this a simple cost pass through as such I do not want to be called on the carpet for soliciting business. I am simply responding to the interest and request made by the folks that participate on this board.

All the best

Shadowman

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Shadowman said:
The cost for the completed enclosures is $350.00 each plus shipping. ..... I have "NO" financial interest in this process this a simple cost pass through .....
Count me in for at $350.00 plus shipping. To whom should I send payment? I can state with total confidence that you never sought financial gain from this initiative. Instead, you have clearly been most forth coming and generous in divulging information gained through untold hours of hard work. Thank you for all that you've done.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Count me in. Let us know were to forward payment to. Thanks for the hard work and job well done!!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I'm in as well, and don't care if you made a buck!

Thanks for your time, Steve

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm in for one. Thanks.

Aug 25, 2006
I bumped this thread because I was told that some could not find it not because I wanted to rehash days goner past

Also; so there is no confusion. When the original group buy on these sub woofer enclosures was in place last year the cost was $350.00 ea plus shipping however those that were purchased as the result of Ash fabricating a second round of them this year had a price increase of $100.00. I tried to make this clear to all however if I failed to please accept my apology as I truly want no confusion.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Just a reminder ..

Just a reminder for those of you who make this mod you need to purchase the factory center console or equal. I have some really nice Carbon Fiber Consoles to fill this need... Sorry for hanging on your coat tails Mr. Shadowman...:biggrin

Aug 25, 2006
Just a reminder for those of you who make this mod you need to purchase the factory center console or equal. I have some really nice Carbon Fiber Consoles to fill this need... Sorry for hanging on your coat tails Mr. Shadowman...:biggrin

No worries; your CF trim piece is truly wonderful and a compliment to the relocation process.

Takes care

Shadowman

machone

GT Owner
Nov 1, 2006
enclosures

count me in for one Thanks. Who and how do I send payment?

Aug 25, 2006
The end of another line has been seen

The final subwoofer enclosure was shipped out today

On behalf of Ash I extend a most sincere "thank you"

From my end and perspective this conversion was not only a pleasure to participate in but as the result created a look and sound as I would expected from day one.

Thanks again

Shadowman

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The end of another line has been seen

The final subwoofer enclosure was shipped out today

On behalf of Ash I extend a most sincere "thank you"

From my end and perspective this conversion was not only a pleasure to participate in but as the result created a look and sound as I would expected from day one.

Thanks again

Shadowman

How many were in the second run? Just curious.

Aug 25, 2006
How many were in the second run? Just curious.

Hi Chris

It is my understanding that there were a number just over 20 fabricated in the initial group as it grew and grew ........... and then the second group started life at 3-4 to take care of folks that simply missed out the first time and ended at a number greater than 10.

When the last few were picked up a couple days ago Ash made reference to 35 ish but even he was guessing because neither of us did much more than take care of the request. If I were to speculate I would say it was closer to 40 of them that were ultimately shipped out.

The bottom line is because these were completed by Ash in his facility and all I did was make certain that as they were paid they shipped and since there was no economic growth within my facility as the result of them monitoring was not closely watched.

I enjoy mine as I hope that all others enjoy theirs as well.

All the best

Shadowman

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hi Chris

It is my understanding that there were a number just over 20 fabricated in the initial group as it grew and grew ........... and then the second group started life at 3-4 to take care of folks that simply missed out the first time and ended at a number greater than 10.

When the last few were picked up a couple days ago Ash made reference to 35 ish but even he was guessing because neither of us did much more than take care of the request. If I were to speculate I would say it was closer to 40 of them that were ultimately shipped out.

The bottom line is because these were completed by Ash in his facility and all I did was make certain that as they were paid they shipped and since there was no economic growth within my facility as the result of them monitoring was not closely watched.

I enjoy mine as I hope that all others enjoy theirs as well.

All the best

Shadowman

Hmmm Who would have thought that 1% of the fleet would have this conversion. Love mine. Thanks again Shadowman for coordinating all of this.

I wonder how long it will be before someone twists Ash's arm hard enough that there is a run #3. :lol :lol :lol

Aug 25, 2006
Hmmm Who would have thought that 1% of the fleet would have this conversion. Love mine. Thanks again Shadowman for coordinating all of this.

I wonder how long it will be before someone twists Ash's arm hard enough that there is a run #3. :lol :lol :lol

You are welcome and throughout the process it has remained my pleasure.

I too remain amazed at the number versus the production run of these gals. Then if you subtract all of them that have never and likely never will see the tarmac, those that have sadly been damaged, those that went to other countries then the percentage is truly staggering.

As for a third run; uuugh... it took me the better part of 2 months to get Ash back in the saddle for run number 2; I suspect the arrival of his Christmas CC bills may have been a motivator LOL just kidding. When I saw Ash the other day I him to retain the templates and tooling used through the process under the premise that I might need another one day for me personally as such the means remain if and when the motivation returns

Takes care

Shadowman