Do I really need a whipple...????

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got my 2.7 pulley and a Torrie SCT-file - and some 100 octane gas, just to beef it up a little...

dyno%20K-Power.jpg

Will a whipple really make those numers look sily??

Omega_man

GT Owner 2005 #248
Mar 19, 2007
S. Florida
I hope not!!! I have yet to install have my 2.7 & Heffner tune for 93 & 100 oct.
Curious, what was the air temp when you ran the test? (edit: was 77deg F)

Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA

Do you want an honest answer, or one that makes you feel better?:wink :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
A Whipple might make those numbers read in non-metric parameters. We kind of don't care about metric stuff here. BTW, the air temp (lufttemp) was 25 degrees C. Do you have long, straight roads where you can stretch the Whipple's legs? You're probably right, overkill. When we were in Indy, several guys had the new Whipple. The speed limit in town was still 35 MPH. Nobody had a chance to prove to me that it was really necessary. Supposed to be a newer,bigger one out soon as well.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
The speed limit in town was still 35 MPH. Nobody had a chance to prove to me that it was really necessary. Supposed to be a newer,bigger one out soon as well.

OLD FART ALERT. . . THE OLD FART DISEASE HAS CLAIMED DR. FRANK!!!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
OLD FART ALERT. . . THE OLD FART DISEASE HAS CLAIMED DR. FRANK!!!

That's Funny!!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
No, but you do really need a tt setup.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I talked to one of the guys at Stillen and he said that there was a company in San Dimas that was porting the stock unit. Supposedly the mod was making 650+ hp with cooler running temps.

I'm going to look into this a bit further and can report back if you guys want me to.

Also I am going with the Stillen Exhaust on the 65 car... ceramic coated and Stillen has always sent me good product in the past.

Steev

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Also I am going with the Stillen Exhaust on the 65 car... ceramic coated and Stillen has always sent me good product in the past.

Steev

Is there any difference in sound between Stillen & Heffner exhausts? Does the Stillen have any baffle option?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
do you really need a girl friend with a small tight ass and great tits?
hell no... be nice to some old fat farmers daughter...

same thing on the whipple.

by the way, love your signature picture and my whipple'd FGT!

Aug 25, 2006
Huuum...... "need"........ considering the fact that you have made mention of it even after installing the smaller pulley and tune I will be so bold and say "YES"

The Whipple does far more than simply assist in producing a significant increase in power but even more so it does this while working much less than the OEM supercharger particularly when spun up tighter with a smaller pulley.

The Whipple will allow you to stretch her legs longer and harder when compared to the smaller pulley setup on an OEM supercharger and then add to this it looks stunning.

Have fun

Shadowman

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
In my case I find from experience I make a compromise decision and not go all the way the first time. After awhile I realize I should have followed my heart. As a result twice the cost and effort. If you think you want to you probably do.That's why I went with the stainless exhaust and the whipple.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm really looking forward to see some 1/4 mile times with a Whipple car...

Anyone???

Aug 25, 2006
I'm really looking forward to see some 1/4 mile times with a Whipple car...

Anyone???

I know that several run them through this process however the GT was not designed as a 1/4 mile gal but rather an extreme roll on gal.... IMO

This is where the Whipple will shine....

When cruising where traction is reasonable ...... consider dropping a gear...... slam the go pedal and fricken hang on!!!!! This will be a RUSH that you will not soon forget.

Shadowman

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
I know that several run them through this process however the GT was not designed as a 1/4 mile gal but rather an extreme roll on gal.... IMO

When cruising where traction is reasonable ...... consider dropping a gear...... slam the go pedal and fricken hang on!!!!! This will be a RUSH that you will not soon forget.

Shadowman

And that my friends is the truth. With the Whipple you do need to pay attention.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark

Shadowman

Shadowman,
I know that we don't have the greatest car for the 1/4 mile, but I'm very interested in the Whipple gain from the GT's standard 1/4 time..

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman,
I know that we don't have the greatest car for the 1/4 mile, but I'm very interested in the Whipple gain from the GT's standard 1/4 time..

I knew that am I am sorry because I was truly just jousting with you more than anything.

Be safe with your gal and a great time

All the best

Shadowman

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Do you want an honest answer, or one that makes you feel better?:wink :biggrin

Now that's sad.......:frown

Come back stella!!!!!!!!!!!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
In my case I find from experience I make a compromise decision and not go all the way the first time. After awhile I realize I should have followed my heart. As a result twice the cost and effort. If you think you want to you probably do.

I can't tell you how many times I have had to re-learn this lesson.

+1:thumbsup

Now...I wonder If I should trade up from that Carrera S I just bought to the Twin Turbo:wink

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I can't tell you how many times I have had to re-learn this lesson.

+1:thumbsup

Now...I wonder If I should trade up from that Carrera S I just bought to the Twin Turbo:wink

Mitty, if you're doing the TT on the FGT - I know a great home for the used Whipple :biggrin