Disaster!!!!! Warranty help

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
As some of you may remember I was having problems with my car's engine.

Basically I was getting a misfire everytime I hit 4,500-5,000rpm in the higher gears.

Roush Europe tried everything (changing coils like I first did in the US, injectors, plugs, plug gaps, tune) to no avail....

Today they decided to check the intake cam timing, to see if the fault was lying there...

So they opened the cam cover to find the rocker and a part of that rockers bearing belonging to one of the LH bank of cylinders lying in the top of the head.

The pin that normally locates it cannot be seen and is likely to have dropped down the drain back holes. There is damage to the cam lobe as can be seen in the attached pictures and the rocker has obviously taken quite a hit as there is a crack in it.

OK so next steps:
The cam needs to be replaced. The engine needs to be removed to do this and to time up the new cam correctly. Whilst out the engine needs to be inspected to find the other missing parts. They will need to check that the valve is not bent too.

Assuming that the valve is not bent the repair will be limited to a new cam, follower and the various gaskets and consumables required to finish the job, they should not need to remove the cylinder head. At Roush they can inspect the internals of the engine with a bore scope.

Warranty issues.... well At Roush they told me that since the car was first registered in the US I should contact the dealer that 1st sold the car and try to have them log the claim to Ford.
Roush Europe being the official importer for Europe and authorized dealer it should not be an issue.

How do I find out who sold the car? How do I go about this claim? Roush said they are willing and ready to put everything on paper to help me.

On my paper trail there should also be the 2 coils that were replaced last Summer in North Carolina as I was having the first misfiring issues.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Matteo

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Anyone who has acess to a Ford Dealer's service computer can pull all the history on the car.

Post your full vin number.

Also, call the 800 number for assitance.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
2005 VIN 1606
Order Date: 1/17/2005
Date Built: 10/19/2005
At Dealer: 12/22/2005
Sold Date: 6/5/2006

Daniel what's the 800 number?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Quickdraw, any help for this poor owner?

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
1fafp90s95y401606

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I’ve been on the opposite end of a warrantee claim where my European GT was serviced by Saleen in Detroit for a paint warrantee issue and Roush covered the bill under its warrantee coverage. Roush was extremely helpful in dealing with this and looked after everything for me.

I hope your U.S. Ford dealer gives you similar service.

Rob

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Quickdraw, that name is very appropriate, boy you're fast; but, I meant can you tell where the car was first sold from?

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Hello crate motor!!

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Quickdraw, that name is very appropriate, boy you're fast; but, I meant can you tell where the car was first sold from?

Try Lucini Ford Sales, West Bridgewater, MA, 508-583-5500

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Teo, there you go! Thank you Quickdraw.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Perfect. Makes sense. I bought the car from Boston!

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Awesome! I just spoke to the service department at Lucini.

They are not a Ford dealer anymore but they were EXTREMELY helpful and I spoke to a gentleman that posts on this very forum and knew my name as well.

He's going to get back to me on Monday and will help me file a claim through Ford.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
What's the 800 number?

The number is 1-866-742-FORD (3673)

Hope that also helps.

----

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Thats why i got a conplete motor

Just in case,and transaxle.So it could be less of down time.I live in cold
weather.So i only have a short time to enjoy.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Teo I've been away for a week skiing, so only just picked up your news - bad luck... Keep us posted on developments. Neil

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sorry, I've out of town and just got online tonight. I will get complete history online tomorrow with all warranty work and post. Tomy Hamon Dealer

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
In Service Date-6-5-06
2005 Ford GT
Service History: 6-16-2007
Town & Country Ford Inc.
R&R Drivers Door Panel to R&R Door Handle Latch, lubricate andadjust.
Replace two spark plugs (cyl. 2&6, Replace two Coil Packs, cleared coden and test drove. Warranty work done at 6,378 miles.
Outstanding field service Actions not done--Outpoot Shaft Flange Bolts and Washer Replacement.
Hope this helps you. Tomy Hamon

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Thank you very much. That was me complaining that the check engine light would come on under hard acceleration.

I guess the engine was not happy running with 1 intake valve only on cyl #6.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Why wouldn't the problem occur in all gears?

I'm tech challenged...

It would happen only under load. When you rev the engine in neutral you basically are asking it to just spin, and it does not encounter any resistance.

It is like a pushbike.... the higher gears are more difficult to push than the lower ones, no?

That the motor was doing it only on high gears is a testament of how understressed it is. It was basically happy to run with only 1 intake valve in one cylinder for most of the situations....

Incredible.

Cobra Dan

May 6, 2007
Mass
Matteo, this is Dan that you spoke with at the dealership. Email me at dan@equipment4rent.net as I found your deal. Thanks, Dan