damage to the marijuana crops. Scientists suspect that the substance is
some form of frozen water particles and experts from Minnesota are
being flown in. With temperatures dipping to the almost but not quite
near 22 degree mark, Seattle-ites were warned to double insulate their lattes
before venturing out.

Seattle police recommended that people stay inside except for
emergencies, such as running out of espresso or biscotti, to see them
through Seattle's most terrible storm to date. The local Nordstrom's
reported that they had completely sold out of fur-lined sandals.

Drivers were cautioned to put their convertible tops up, and several have
been shocked to learn that their SUV's actually have four wheel drive,
although most have no idea how to use it.

"The government has to do something," snarled an angry Trevor Warburton. "I
didn't pay $540,000 for my one bedroom condo so I could sit around and be
treated like someone from North Dakota."

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'ROCKET:
Your every word 'absolute gospel...!

E.P.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Red Rocket said:
NEWS RELEASE

Seattle (Reuters)

Day 4 - Pacific NW 2006 - Revenge of the Commuters

"The government has to do something," snarled an angry Trevor Warburton. "I
didn't pay $540,000 for my one bedroom condo so I could sit around and be
treated like someone from North Dakota."

Yuu betcha!

(I'll bet it's Bushes falt).

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Rocket your hilariuos!!!! :banana

Tonycan

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2006
Not much fun down here in Portland/Vancouver area, either. However, if you lose power, you can at least heat your garage by letting your GT run for about 20 minutes. Don't forget to open the door slightly before starting the engine. :wink

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Cheers guys. Hang in there, there's a new shipment of double-mocha lattes on the way! :cheers In the meantime, have some birthday cake.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
Damn Bush. He sent the snow to gain a political advantage. WE NEED A CHANGE (We have no idea what the "change" will be, or what we will do when it happens however). :rofl

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
jj1987 said:
Damn Bush. He sent the snow to gain a political advantage. WE NEED A CHANGE (We have no idea what the "change" will be, or what we will do when it happens however). :rofl

Maybe so .... however we do know it will take a tax increase to get it started and it will have no end.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Red Rocket's News Release

RR - as you bask in front of your fireplace

Baby It was Cold outside. E.P.'s 'hood had something like -1 degree. And something like 24" of snow. It was "only" 17 here at my abode with 6" snow.

Thought better than driving the GT for it's scheduled 18,000 service Tuesday. Only because I live at the top of a hill and it's 4 blocks to the main road. 2" of pure ice on my road.

Saw a news article on the TV news. Monday nite, after the Sehawks won , 4 fans from Portland started home. 2-1/2 hours for the first 11 miles.
11-1/2 more for them to get home. 180 miles in 14 hours.

Around here we like the snow in the mountains where it looks nice.

Rumor has it there was big run on Iced Mocha's at $tarbuck$.

Summer's coming soon.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
PL510*Jeff said:

Baby It was Cold outside. E.P.'s 'hood had something like -1 degree. And something like 24" of snow. It was "only" 17 here at my abode with 6" snow.

Thought better than driving the GT for it's scheduled 18,000 service Tuesday. Only because I live at the top of a hill and it's 4 blocks to the main road. 2" of pure ice on my road.

Saw a news article on the TV news. Monday nite, after the Sehawks won , 4 fans from Portland started home. 2-1/2 hours for the first 11 miles.
11-1/2 more for them to get home. 180 miles in 14 hours.

Around here we like the snow in the mountains where it looks nice.

Rumor has it there was big run on Iced Mocha's at $tarbuck$.

Summer's coming soon.
Thanks alot, Jeff! You guys sent that storm down south to Okieville - we're getting hammered right now! :ack Can't drive the GT! :bang

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Can't drive the GT! DBTGT, you never "drive" your GT. You just "trailer" it around. Get a 4X4 truck and you can take your GT anywhere as usual.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Hey Jeff!
I am indeed lounging in front of our LR fireplace - how'd you guess? I am smoking a large doobie while reclined, as I sip my triple espresso mocha java - with my fur-lined sandal-clad feet propped up on our # 1 butler's back - because the mink & alligator ottoman is covered in car magazines profiling the superiority of the GT and I can't be bothered to reach over and clear them off.

I thought you had the right idea a couple of weeks ago re wintering in Palm Desert. Bummer you couldn't get out of your garage before the big dump. Next time you'll have to plan better - leave in September to be safe.

It just occured to me that you could've used the current weather to also prove how superior the GT could be as a snow plow. Perhaps that can wait 5 years until the next suburban snowfall. Until then, yes you hit the nail on the head - better to let it snow in the mountains where it belongs. Unfortunately, to get an ocean view here you have to be on the side of a mountain, so there's the downside.

I also heard that story about those crazy bast*rds that took 14 hours to get back to Portland. The story I heard is they didn't want to go back (who'd want to leave Seattle?). So there's an angle the TV reporter missed.

Gotta go now - Neil scheduled a 3 round fight between two of his servants on close-circuit TV and I gotta tune in. The winner gets to fight my valet in a battle royale. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
PL510*Jeff said:

Baby It was Cold outside. E.P.'s 'hood had something like -1 degree. And something like 24" of snow. It was "only" 17 here at my abode with 6" snow

Summer's coming soon.

Hey,Jeff ... speekin' of SUMMER comin', 'you able to put that "GT group putt" together sumwhars around the sound this spring yet? Or, is that so far down the road right now that yuh don't even wanna think about it? ( Sorry about hijackin' the thread for that'un...)

E.P.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Seattle Storm

RR------------

It wasn't too hard to imagine a bit of BC Bud, a bit of Brandy, in front the main fire place. But the fur lined sandels were over the top. WestVan will never be the same. Three rounds of household help kick boxing? You had too many hits to the head with the hockey sticks when you were young. What a Fantasy Life. :biggrin

MT Pockets-- there WILL be a Summer NW GT get together. U'awl is invited. Hope you put it on the calendar. Let me know what your travel schedule is. The visit to see my golf clubs has been put off until mid-January. :bang

Then it off to Daytona for the 24. According to Streets and Trips - Palm Spring to Daytona is only 6 miles further that it is from Seattle to Dearborn. Something like 2512 miles each way. Retirement is wonderful. :thumbsup

DBTGT--------------get a good fire going. This is a monster storm. :ack Get a heating pad under you GT. It will think it's summer.
BTW - better watch out for the lightning. Very odd - huge snow storm, high winds, extreme cold and lightning.
All at the same time. :willy

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
fjpikul said:
Can't drive the GT! DBTGT, you never "drive" your GT. You just "trailer" it around. Get a 4X4 truck and you can take your GT anywhere as usual.
Frank, I have a 4X4 truck (which I have been driving all day in the snow) - I'm sending this baby your way! Enjoy the snow! :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
come join me playing in the snow :biggrin

Attachments

• 2197.jpg
    2197.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 66

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Winter Scene

Bony -
nice garage for your collection.

Does it really snow in Freez-no?

Looks like the family reunion was truly a fairy tale. Didn't know you have twin brothers.

Jeff

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I also log onto a dragboat forum. This is pretty much how the posts go over there as well when the weather turns nasty and the toys get put away. LOL! :lol
(Cant wait for the momma jokes)

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
bony said:
come join me playing in the snow :biggrin
So much for curling up in front of the fire! :eek

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SteveA said:
I also log onto a dragboat forum. This is pretty much how the posts go over there as well when the weather turns nasty and the toys get put away. LOL! :lol
(Cant wait for the momma jokes)

Drag boat... ehhhh?
Many moons ago (World Record TFH was then held by Climax owned by Sangar Jack and driven by the Shoe- Larry Schwabeland) I was really into it. Ran a flat called Black Rushin, went on my head running at Oakland, built another one, went on my head at Merced. Got called into the big bosses office the next Monday and was asked to decide what was more important, my hobby or a career with him. Sold what was pulled out of the Lake. Never went back to a race.