Details

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Man...there are so many details in this car that don't get discussed.

For example, who designed the shift knob? Brilliant. Feel. Looks. Impossible to improve.

Thank you.

IMAG0910-2.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The knob is way cool, although I got the aftermarket from the guy that does the boot. The best mod in the world is the short throw shifter (if you can find one now). It really changes the car's dynamics.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
You mean Andrew at Exoticare? The polished knob? That's the one I got...
I bought the STS a few years back and it was one of the best mods I did, besides that 4.0 Whipple...LOL

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You mean Andrew at Exoticare? The polished knob? That's the one I got...
I bought the STS a few years back and it was one of the best mods I did, besides that 4.0 Whipple...LOL

Yep. The knob and shifter boot update. It just made the car look more finished. Some parts of the GT look like they built some placeholders to get things functional intending to come back with some trim more befitting a (then) 150K car, but then the just stopped. The shifter trim is one.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
Well, in all fairness, we are talking about Ford and the only supercars they have even built, is the GT40/GT, so it's not like they pay serious attention to finishing detail, like other manufacturers who only build high-end exotics. After all, we have the wipers from an F150...

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
After all, we have the wipers from an F150...

Since no other Supercar manufacturer does that, the GT is a very special (read exotic) car, right ?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I can assure you the rubber boot and round knob were very much intended, and they are very Camilo items. Probably would have gone with wider shaft for the shifter and a chrome ball. GT is supposed to convey purpose-driven performance car, not luxury car.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
^^^^ I'm a fan of the original,brushed finished ball, my girlfriend would agree however that a wider shaft would be nice.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm a fan of the original,brushed finished ball, my girlfriend would agree however that a wider shaft would be nice.

I spent minutes staring at the screen trying to appropriately word that without encouraging such commentary. :lol

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
Since no other Supercar manufacturer does that, the GT is a very special (read exotic) car, right ?
It's very special for sure; it's the only SUPERCAR with F150 wipers!!! You won't find that on the Italian, Brit, or German cars either, only on our GT's! But look at it this was - the cost of changing the wipers/ arms parts etc...is probably the lowest of any supercar. I'd bet it would cost you 3-5K to change a wiper assembly on any Lambo, vs a few hundred bucks on a GT.

The only issue with getting parts on the GT, is when you call the dealer and they ask you which Mustang GT you need parts for - LOL

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
I spent minutes staring at the screen trying to appropriately word that without encouraging such commentary. :lol

There's really no way around it, whether you refer to is as "shaft" "rod" etc...you're pretty much doomed with the response you got.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I can assure you the rubber boot and round knob were very much intended, and they are very Camilo items. Probably would have gone with wider shaft for the shifter and a chrome ball. GT is supposed to convey purpose-driven performance car, not luxury car.

Thank you. I was beginning to feel like more of an idiot than usual. Pic was taken with cell phone cam while sitting in the car, in the garage, late at night, Bob Seeger cranked up on the Mac, several cocktails down...and looking at the play of light. Well, I guess you had to be there. But, even sober in daylight, I feel the same.

Edit: And that is clearly a Camilo number "4" font.

Last edited:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN

And I spent minutes trying not to take the bait. :)

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Order a spare knob as a paperweight

Torrie has them

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
^^^^ I'm a fan of the original,brushed finished ball, my girlfriend would agree however that a wider shaft would be nice.

:facepalm:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Was Single Nut underneath raised by GF as well?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Order a spare knob as a paperweight

Torrie has them

You can also buy a wider shaft from Exoticare, they make a nice gift for girlfriends. :lol

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's very special for sure; it's the only SUPERCAR with F150 wipers!!!

And aren't the side markers from a Land Rover? So what! The Ford GT is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Or I wouldn't have one. :) !!!!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
Hey Tony - I am 100% in agreement with ya! I was just pokin' fun at Ford.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Is it true the rear bumper was also sourced from an F150?