Demographics of GT Owners

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I'm curious since one video review I saw referred to the GT as the "working man's supercar" how the demographics differ from other exotics. I tend to feel out of place with the serious Ferrari types:bored, and the Lamborghini guys are fun and a little crazy:willy

So as a regular guy with a regular job (Engineer), will I fit into your world?

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
I'm curious since one video review I saw referred to the GT as the "working man's supercar" how the demographics differ from other exotics. I tend to feel out of place with the serious Ferrari types:bored, and the Lamborghini guys are fun and a little crazy:willy

i where coveralls every day at work (have them on right now). so, that would fit with the "working man's supercar".
you will fit just fine.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
GT Owners and Forum Members run the gamut of jobs/positions. Guys and gals own the cars, from young to "mature." Basically we all just love the car. The annual rally attracts many members and it is a great group from all walks of life and I am sure the Rally participants reflect the personality and genuineness of the Forum members and owners at large. As for me, I bought the car new when I was in management with ExxonMobil, and am now retired and loving each day God gives me to enjoy. I drive the GT, it has 12000 mi, not much for some of the forum members as we have one that is rapidly approaching 100,000 mi! Buy one, drive it, enjoy it, join the GT Forum as a member, and come to the Rallys to enjoy fellowship with some really great folks.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Huge cross section, and VERY little attitude, at least of everyone that is here. You will find NO other car, that fits in with the Euro crowd, and gets thumbs up from Harley riders. Probably the most accepted supercar on the planet, bar none. The demografic of the owners are the same, fit in everywhere.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
One of the things I loved about driving a Roush Stage II Mustang and a 96 Mustang Cobra was that the car was so accessible. The Ford GT is that, but way more. Everyone really loves and appreciates the car. And the driver's group couldn't be friendlier or more enthusiastic about life in general and cars. I bought it for the car and what it is, but it's been equally great to be involved with such a fun group of people.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Male, 60-65, actively employed (that means day job) as a hardware/firmware engineer/architect.

That means my car time is on holidays and weekend, and since I'm in Colorado, summer... Kinda limits things a little. When retirement comes (not any time soon) that will change as we'll probably end up in Vegas where you can play more or less year round.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

No one here was even asked about their employment/career/'social status' prior to joining this group as far as I know. It's just not something that's very darned important around here! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Bottom line? Yes, you'll "fit in" just fine, sir. Forget about it. :wink

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
If ur smart and save up ANYONE, can own one.

Got to decide if premium cable, apple's, vacations, sunglasses, watches, clubs, etc are worth your $$$ OR the GT.

You would be surprised how much we waste on junk and if put on an austerity plan it rains $$$.

My '12 Vette was purchased with junk I had accumulated, collectibles (watches, pens, silver, car parts, etc) and a 1 yr plan to go austere: grilling at home ( Fliet Mignon $7/ea.), frozen pizza ($4.99) for dates, and basic cable.

My score rate went thru roof....pics here somwhere

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Shark01,

The vast majority of the members I have met here are not regular guys, they are extraordinary guys. Some have jobs, some are retired, a bunch are business owners. They are men who neither envy nor covet their fellow man's possessions or success. They are genuinely happy when another member shows off anything from a cool new T-shirt to a brand new jet. They don't just own a Ford GT, they understand and appreciate the history, the race victories, the company that built it, and the team of individuals who made it's rebirth possible. But most of all, they have come to know and enjoy this most unlikely brotherhood, their fellow GT owners from across the country and around the world. This is a fraternity unlike any other in the car world or on the web. You're from Texas bro, hell yeah you fit in. Lots of members in your area too including my son who is at Texas A&M. Gig 'Em Aggies and welcome aboard.

Chip Beck

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
I am a retired Ford engineer and at age 82 I am definitely in that "mature" category. I relish my driving time with the car and I tell all my family and friends that this car keeps me young.

Red Baron

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
The demographic I'm most interested in is happy vs unhappy. (Pura Vida as the Cosa Rican's say.) My wife, children, family and GT insure me in the happy demographic. Here's hoping you get a GT soon and learning the biggest problem is your face hurting from smiling ear to ear. All the best to you and yours.

Vince H

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Every GT owner is a person of impeccable good taste.

I don't always drive my GT, but when I do....

...panties drop.

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Well said!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Every GT owner is a person of impeccable good taste.

I don't always drive my GT, but when I do....

...panties drop.
Maybe you should clip some suspenders on your panties!!!:wink

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ Only when I wear my velvet jacket...

gtmeme.JPG

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Classic!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Kavan's Mantra?

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
GT Owners and Forum Members run the gamut of jobs/positions.
I spent a few hours in the sky this afternoon dropping bombs and refueling from a KC-130.

Welcome. Buy a GT; you won't be disappointed.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I spent a few hours in the sky this afternoon dropping bombs and refueling from a KC-130.

Now that sounds like a fun day at the office! :biggrin

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I am original owner and drove to 1st meet in Detroit in 2006 (unfortunately i have not been able to make one since but hope to in the future). I have owned 3 vintage ferraris and have been to many national meets. After the GT meet in Detroit I lost my enthusiasm for the Ferrari scene (i have since sold all three).. Most own Ferraris to say they own them without really understanding them. The Ford group are vastly different: beer drinkers in blue jeans and truly passionate about their cars and what they represent!! Gt owners really come from diverse and very interesting backrounds and usually "self-made". I am always amazed about the input from owners on solving problems and coming up with new ideas and cool accessories!! This forum is "the best"!!