Day 8 and counting

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
Got home from work today and guess what I got in the mail? A welcome letter from Ford wishing me well and providing me with a phone number just for me to let me know how much they care about my GT expierence. So I called the number and no ones minding the phones at the Bat Cave. My car is still at the dealers waiting on a part with no end in sight. Merry F**cking Christmas!

H

HHGT

I got two letters, one for my June purchase and one for my Sept purchase. I also called and no one answered. At the least we have a name for the VP of customer service!

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
True That

Indeed the name of the Vp is great. All I want for Christmas is my little gal back.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
At the least we have a name for the VP of customer service!

Oh, no, no NO!
'Tis the name of the PRESIDENT of FCSD (Hazel?)! Read it again!:banana :rofl

An' I guess I must not "rate". 'Bought my car in July - and just got MY letter today.:shrug

E.P.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Got mine as well.:biggrin

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
A note from Mr. Hazel.

Mr. Hazel sent me a note also. I bought my GT in October. Only a few months behind...not unreasonable

I thought the letter may have been a response to the customer delivery survey that I filled out in a very candid fashion about the worst new car delivery I have every experienced. The delivery experience was highlighted by a sales guy dropping cigerette ashes in the window and two other guys slaming the doors as hard as they could to try to make the "door ajar" light go out. Turned out to be the front hatch wasn't fully-closed, which I discovered driving on a highway after I left the dealership without the problem being resolved. Thank goodness they aren't my local service dealer (McCafferty Ford in Langhorne, PA), who has been fantastic.

It will be interesting to see if Mr. Hazel's group will address some of the repeat problems that GT folks have had.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Patience Maybe??

Hmmmm,

Purchased (new from Ford dealer) in July '05. No letter, no special phone number, no personal call, no battery tender, wrong car cover (still), back ordered axle bolts.

Delivery experience? I hope the current 'talks' with Toyota include something about customer responsiveness. What a missed opportunity.

Fortunately, the Car is fabulous!! :biggrin

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Hmmmm,

Purchased (new from Ford dealer) in July '05. No letter, no special phone number, no personal call, no battery tender, wrong car cover (still), back ordered axle bolts.

Delivery experience? I hope the current 'talks' with Toyota include something about customer responsiveness. What a missed opportunity.

Fortunately, the Car is fabulous!! :biggrin

It is Dealers like the one you purchased yours from that give the rest of us a bad name. I wish I could help this time.

Keith

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Ford Letter

Received same letter from Darryl Hazel dated Dec. 20. giving phone # and hours of operation. Keep in mind Ford offices are closed for two weeks at christmas. Tomy Hamon PS Darryl Hazel heads up Ford Service.

H

HHGT

Mr. Hazel sent me a note also. I bought my GT in October. Only a few months behind...not unreasonable

I thought the letter may have been a response to the customer delivery survey that I filled out in a very candid fashion about the worst new car delivery I have every experienced. The delivery experience was highlighted by a sales guy dropping cigerette ashes in the window and two other guys slaming the doors as hard as they could to try to make the "door ajar" light go out. Turned out to be the front hatch wasn't fully-closed, which I discovered driving on a highway after I left the dealership without the problem being resolved. Thank goodness they aren't my local service dealer (McCafferty Ford in Langhorne, PA), who has been fantastic.

It will be interesting to see if Mr. Hazel's group will address some of the repeat problems that GT folks have had.

I bought two 2006 GTs and never got a survey letter::frown
Bought the wife a 2006 Jaguar XJ8L in support of Ford's financial problems::frown
Also bought a 2006 F150 Crew Cab in support of Ford's financial problems::frown
Called the hotline and never got a follow up on my GT questions:thumbsdow
Bought a TON of their stock because I believe in the company:thumbsup
Waiting at stop lights hoping my half shaft is intact:bs
Owning these GT cars - PRICELESS:wink

BUT, after spending nearly $450K with FORD in one year and they cant address a Washer & 2 Bolts that's F@#$%@ redicuous.

They have until the end of January 2007 to address, or if either of my GTs break down due to the half shaft issue prior to Jan 30 2007, I will be addressing this issue through the courts.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
courts

BUT, after spending nearly $450K with FORD in one year and they cant address a Washer & 2 Bolts that's F@#$%@ redicuous.

They have until the end of January 2007 to address, or if either of my GTs break down due to the half shaft issue prior to Jan 30 2007, I will be addressing this issue through the courts.

Which do you think would be faster/cheaper/more effective (serious question ...'not being a wise guy): (1.) an individual's (or even a class action)lawsuit - which would first require an actual loss (bolt failure & subsequent financial loss), (2.) a complaint to the highway safety feds 2C about a recall action because this involves a drivetrain issue, or, (3.) just sitting on yur duff & waiting for Ford to move on the issue?

It seems that EITHER 1 or 2 would require that the "actuarial tables" be on one's side, because an iceburg moves at a higher rate of speed than either the courts OR the feds. And #3 probably won't happen w/o 1 or 2 happening FIRST... or, God forbid, somebody getting killed or injured.

SHORT TERM, it would seem just individually steping up & fixing the 'bolts on our own is the best - AND ONLY! - IMMEDIATE fix (... which is my own plan whenever the GT Guys send me their kit). But, it also seems that the PRINCIPLE of the thing demands that Ford (or Riccaro[sp?]) proactively address the pblm and shoulder the cost of fixing what's OBVIOUSLY a design flaw. Especially when it's a 10 cent fix relative to the price paid to BUY the car in the 1st place.

'Just my $.02

E.P.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Next Time

Keith,

When you get old (like me) you learn there's always a next time. :biggrin If it's a Ford, I'll see you first, I know you take care of your customers.

R.

It is Dealers like the one you purchased yours from that give the rest of us a bad name. I wish I could help this time.

Keith

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Keith,

When you get old (like me) you learn there's always a next time. :biggrin If it's a Ford, I'll see you first, I know you take care of your customers.

R.

Thanks Rex:cheers

Keith

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
Relief is in sight

On the eleventh day of christmas the Ford GT hotline brought to me a return call 3 days later. However, my most reverand and excellent service manager, Brian, has gone out of his way to resolve my bolt (in the neck) problems. Apparently the transaxle fix is intergalacticly backordered so he found someone in town to machine them. That is going above and beyond, So to you Brian you have undying appreciation only to be outdone the day I get my sweet thing back!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Mamzer,
I stopped in to talk to Brian and they let me look at your car (Friday the 29th). They were just putting it back together. Your car had the black hardened washers and were not deformed in any way.The original bolts snapped on the threads just below the head. A sign of being over torqued? The original bolts looked a little funny to me. The tech just showed them to me quickly. I didn't get to study them.They looked like they had a hollow spot in the shank just below the head which would make them weak?

H

HHGT

Which do you think would be faster/cheaper/more effective (serious question ...'not being a wise guy): (1.) an individual's (or even a class action)lawsuit - which would first require an actual loss (bolt failure & subsequent financial loss), (2.) a complaint to the highway safety feds 2C about a recall action because this involves a drivetrain issue, or, (3.) just sitting on yur duff & waiting for Ford to move on the issue?

It seems that EITHER 1 or 2 would require that the "actuarial tables" be on one's side, because an iceburg moves at a higher rate of speed than either the courts OR the feds. And #3 probably won't happen w/o 1 or 2 happening FIRST... or, God forbid, somebody getting killed or injured.

SHORT TERM, it would seem just individually steping up & fixing the 'bolts on our own is the best - AND ONLY! - IMMEDIATE fix (... which is my own plan whenever the GT Guys send me their kit). But, it also seems that the PRINCIPLE of the thing demands that Ford (or Riccaro[sp?]) proactively address the pblm and shoulder the cost of fixing what's OBVIOUSLY a design flaw. Especially when it's a 10 cent fix relative to the price paid to BUY the car in the 1st place.

'Just my $.02

E.P.

I agree with your assessment. I would like nothing more than to buy the kit and fix it ahead of any recalls - an ounce of prevention if you would. But as you know, these kits are not available, which actually pisses me off to no end. I spoke with my corporate attorney in Northern California (a sizeable firm) and his advise was simple. Organize a coordinated effort at the local courts, to simply get Ford's attention and to begin to address the issue - which is ultimately what we all seek.

On a related note and as a follow-up to Kendall's ( Nota4Re) comments, I am wondering if hard 1st to 2nd shift, is applying enough force to the bolt's head to snap/sher/fracture etc. What we need is someone to send in their defective bolts into a metalurgist for analysis.

The other aspect of this is why have we not blamed some of this on Ricardo. Is it possible that they provided erroneus specification

I may start a new thread with a title to attract Ford's attention incase they still read the forum.

Cheers!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
On a related note and as a follow-up to Kendall's ( Nota4Re) comments, I am wondering if hard 1st to 2nd shift, is applying enough force to the bolt's head to snap/sher/fracture etc. What we need is someone to send in their defective bolts into a metalurgist for analysis.

The other aspect of this is why have we not blamed some of this on Ricardo. Is it possible that they provided erroneus specification

Cheers!

No doubt this bolt situation has been handled poorly by Ford.
Read carefully the threads on it. Kendall has posted some insightful information and I accept his conclusions. Best to do a search as this information is all over this board. Yup, Ricardo is the culprit, but the badge on the GT says Ford.

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
thanks for looking out for a fellow GT owner. This is something that may eventually affect us all. I do like to drive my car but....isn't that what it's made for. In the immortal words of someone on this forum "Drive it like you stole it". I try to live by those words.

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
back in the saddle again

SHE"S BACK....Just got my gt back and I am as happy as a pig in sh*t! Kudos and thanx to the service manager Brian and the fantastic tech that worked on my car. Both guys looked at a problem and solved it by thinking outside the box. They wouldn't take no for an answer. They went above and beyond the call of duty. These are the kinds of individuals Ford wants to have representing them and we want to have working on our behalfs. Despite the fix kits being on terminal backorder they got r done by having them made locally. What a great idea and what a great way to treat your customer. My hats off to them. I think I'll do a burnout just for them. Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
SHE"S BACK....Just got my gt back and I am as happy as a pig in sh*t! Kudos and thanx to the service manager Brian and the fantastic tech that worked on my car. Both guys looked at a problem and solved it by thinking outside the box. They wouldn't take no for an answer. They went above and beyond the call of duty. These are the kinds of individuals Ford wants to have representing them and we want to have working on our behalfs. Despite the fix kits being on terminal backorder they got r done by having them made locally. What a great idea and what a great way to treat your customer. My hats off to them. I think I'll do a burnout just for them. Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!

So how long did they have your GT?