Dallas Meeting - September 9th

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Dallas Meeting

Looking forward to seeing y'all at the dinner and track........but do we have to be with the Mustangs? Nothing against them, but I am just not a Mustang buff and was hoping it would be just GT guys. I know the track is probably open to anyone, but I was really hoping we could just be together someway or grouped with various other brands and not limited to being grouped with the Mustangs. Thanks.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
They run the cars in groups of 15-20....All I am trying to do is keep us from getting in a group of us and having 5 saturns..scions..civics..or grandma in a station wagon thrown in :)

I am going to put in a call today to the track and see what I can work out...maybe they will let us pay for the other spots and just run ours as a smaller group :)

Matt

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
When you Call ask for Sarah S. . She usually handles all the clubs.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Just got off the phone..we need to be in the express lot at 7pm and we will run as a single group with no other cars.

See you guys in Southlake...

Matt

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Matt,

Thanks so much for taking your time to put this deal together. I really appreciate your efforts on our behalf. If time allows on Saturday, I'm still planning on meeting up with the GT gang at the restaurant and heading to track. I probably will not be in my GT, might bring my GT350...or maybe my truck.

Can you post up your cell phone number just in case?
Or PM it to me a mardyn@sbcglobal.net

mardyn

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
CBS Channel 11 News is having a story about this, this afternoon or tommorrow. I let them interveiw my wife. :banana I always come off sounding like the tornado blew my trailor away!! :willy

IMA GT

GT Owner
Jul 11, 2006
Bid "D" Meeting

I wonder if it is too late to respond for the meeting. I just found these posts and thinking I would like to attend if it is ok. I live just north of Tyler and if any one else is coming maybe we can caravan together.......... I own a 06' Heritage. Thanks Carl

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Carl your welcome to come...when you get to Brio at Southlake just tell them you are with Matt Tice..the reservation is under my name...

Whatever car Mardyn...our group is our group..you just have to keep up :)

My cell is and I will leave it up until after the meeting.

Matt

Last edited:

IMA GT

GT Owner
Jul 11, 2006
Hello Matt see you there. Will try to keep up :thumbsup

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Photos

Anyone good with a digital camera and like to volunteer to be the photographer

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I'll have mine with me..its a good 8 MP...will see how I do :)

See you guys tomorrow...

Matt

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Good times. It was nice to meet you guys.

Let's plan something like this again, soon (after we all get mod's). Keep us up to date on the GT Guys.

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
I had a great time!!
Next year I am going to need somone to block the speedway trucks for me :cheers
I got some decent pictures so if anyone wants copies pm me and I will send them to you.
I would like to get any pictures anyone else took please send them to robert@htconnection.com :banana
have a good day all!

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Get Together in Southlake

Sorry I couldn't make it either...Please make sure I am a part of the Dallas group, get togethers, etc. I live near Lover's Lane and Inwood Road in Dallas.

Cheers,

Brad

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
GTx said:
I had a great time!!
Next year I am going to need somone to block the speedway trucks for me :cheers
I got some decent pictures so if anyone wants copies pm me and I will send them to you.
I would like to get any pictures anyone else took please send them to robert@htconnection.com :banana
have a good day all!

So how did it go? Did they let you get any real speed, was there a pace car, how many laps, etc. And post some pictures guys, inquiring minds (who weren't able to go) want to know!

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
11 in a row

Thank you Matt...

Seeing all those GT's lined up at the track brought back a mini reminder of Detroit. It sure got the attention of the crowd.

Had a good time...nice to meet all you other GT owners. Can't wait till the next one.

Matt or I will be in touch as to who would like to have your cars worked on by the experts as we discussed, they will come see us.

Steve 214-803-2056
Racer X

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Rally Speed

They gave us one rule when we got on the track..no passing. Soo I just slowed way down till there was about 1/4 of the track between my car and the one in front of me. I did this several times and got above 140. The track guys got upset with me and sent some trucks out to block me in. they had significant issues catching me until I ran out of open lane :banana
Anyone interested in seeing if we can get the Texas driving experience guys will do a special class for GT owners only?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Thanks guys...sorry the track didn't seem to be as organized as they should have been...I think I hit about 125 or so on the last lap...MAN those curves have some freakin angle to them :eek

I can get us time with Texas driving if you want or we can do a day at Motorsport Ranch with instructors..they do that as well....let me know how many guys want to do something like that and I will check into it.

I'm hoping the camera guy got a shot of me going around the corner at about 6 grand to hear how the Accufab sounds...from inside off the walls it sounds FREAKIN SWEET.

Matt

Last edited:

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I enjoyed meeting everyone as well.... again, Thanks Matt for putting this little shindig together.

I'm in on the GT Guys deal if we can get 'em down here... I'm also in on a Texas Drivng School class if y'all want to set it up.

mardyn

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
pics please

so who has any...I say cameras out. Post some

PS Matt did you get with Dennis?