Cutting off at 4500 rpm code p1234

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
It appears that ALL relays, no matter how expensive are junk. Most every problem I have experienced (electrically that is) with my bikes are cars are somehow related to cheap relays.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It appears that ALL relays, no matter how expensive are junk. Most every problem I have experienced (electrically that is) with my bikes are cars are somehow related to cheap relays.

All open air contactors are a primitive way to make or break a circuit. The constant arcing over time causes material transfer, pitting and non- conductive residue on the contact points. This will inevitably lead to poor performance or reduced electrical current transmission. It is just the nature of the beast. Just treat them as wear item and replace the critical ones on a determined interval like you would a spark plug or something.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I have gone through both of Stormcats threads on this repair, but for the life of me, I can't find a part# listed for the relays. Where did I miss it? Thanks!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I have gone through both of Stormcats threads on this repair, but for the life of me, I can't find a part# listed for the relays. Where did I miss it? Thanks!

I don't think the relay are anything special, you should be able to find them at most auto parts stores and of course at your Ford dealer. Just bring one in to compare.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Here ya go !! The original part had this number on it F57B-14B192-AA . The new ones had this number on the bag F5TZ-14N089-B . If I recall the actual part in the bag had the same number as the first one listed. :biggrin

Attachments

• IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1853.jpg
    IMG_1853.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Cheers!!:thumbsup

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
In stock.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Well - I thought I had the same problem. Power suddenly started cutting out at just under 4500 rpm.
Today, I just replaced the 2 relays listed in the post above.
On first drive afterwards passed 4500 rpm in first gear no problem - 'thought' all was well.
Unfortunately, on every subsequent pull the power is still cutting out at 4500 rpm in neutral, first, or second gears.
Any thoughts?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Well - I thought I had the same problem. Power suddenly started cutting out at just under 4500 rpm.
Today, I just replaced the 2 relays listed in the post above.
On first drive afterwards passed 4500 rpm in first gear no problem - 'thought' all was well.
Unfortunately, on every subsequent pull the power is still cutting out at 4500 rpm in neutral, first, or second gears.
Any thoughts?

Code scan it. your not running into an FPDM issue if its doing it under no load.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
There's alot of solid state (no moving parts) relays out there today. A possible alternative? As mentioned though, we shouldn't forget how nice it is to be able to get a factory electronic part for less than $20. Acura wanted $600 for the window switch module in my old Legend, and I see in the new Ferrari 458 that the ipod connector option is $881!!!