Custom Harley Vrod

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
When Harley introduced the Vrod, it was silver anodized aluminum, only one version. I saw the Porsche designed motor and sport frame and envisioned a more aggresive bike. The Harley model had an upright seating position and forward controls. I designed a naked version and had a bike builder create my vision. The bike was dismantled completely and powder coated black, rear controls were made and lower bars with hanging mirrors. The solid wheels were replaced with lightweight mags that were powder coated red. The brake rotor centers were also powder coated. The riding position is very comfortable and allows aggresive cornering. I took the bike to the 2003 Biketoberfest and attended the first Vrod gathering at Harley's convention center location. There were 50 silver bikes and my black bike. The Harley execs took dozens of photos of the bike and 5 years later their balck sport model was unveiled looking very similar. I have about $40,000 in the bike, but don't ride anymore. If you like the bike make me an offer. Thanks.

Attachments

• height hd chuck.JPG
    height hd chuck.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 180
  • harley davidson 001.jpg
    harley davidson 001.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 190
  • harley davidson 006.jpg
    harley davidson 006.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 168
  • v-rodc.jpg
    v-rodc.jpg