Curbed it!

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Brushed a curb today while cruz'in around and damaged the drivers side front wheel and tire. Anyone have an extra (new or mint) front wheel (optional BBS) and possibly a new or low mile Goodyear F1 tire? Please send a PM

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
PM sent

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Brushed a curb today while cruz'in around and damaged the drivers side front wheel and tire. Anyone have an extra (new or mint) front wheel (optional BBS) and possibly a new or low mile Goodyear F1 tire? Please send a PM

Well, THAT sure stinks.:willy

Sorry to hear that, Ed. :frown

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Bad luck - we'd all HATE to do that. I can imagine how that would feel.

Refurbs can look pretty good, depends how bad it is.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
you can get it fixed for like 150 bucks

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
I here these guys do nice work and can probably fix it for you.

http://www.wheelwizard.com/index.htm

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If you want someone a little closer than Wheel Wiz, BMW Bellevue has an outfit they have fix this kinda stuff for 'em. I saw a wheel they restored and I couldn't find a flaw in it. (I DID have wunna their cards, but NATURALLY, I can't find it now. Just call the dealership if 'interested. :cheers)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Mr. Ed,
Sorry to hear of the dreaded curb rash ailment.

you might give Tim Foster a call, He's in Renton, been doing wheel restoration/repair for decades. Does meticulous work. Steel, aluminum magnesium etc. Also a Tire Rack Preferred installer.

Foster's Wheel Repair 425-226-8711

I had him totally restore a set of 13 x 13 Aluminum Minilites for one of my Datsun race cars. Trued, polished and painted. I am Absolutely satisfied with Tim's work.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Thanks all for the info on the wheel repair sites - I would just hate to have my GT laid up for several weeks while I got the wheel repaired. I will use the repair info to get wheel repaired later but I really need another wheel/tire to take advantage of any driving opportunity I can. Ed

H

HHGT

Try this guy, he has quite a bit of GT salvage parts.

http://stores.ebay.com/X2-BUILDERS

Cristo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 1, 2007
Arizona
That hurts!!

Sorry to hear about the hit Ed...when you get it back on the road we need to try to get the Northwest group together sometime. The weather has been great. I drove up to Oak Harbor on Sunday and just made it back before the rain hit. Good luck with the repair.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Sorry to hear about the hit Ed...when you get it back on the road we need to try to get the Northwest group together sometime. The weather has been great. I drove up to Oak Harbor on Sunday and just made it back before the rain hit. Good luck with the repair.

Cristo, good to hear from ya. Perhaps the NW folks can get together again at the SVT Rendezvous at Bickford FORD on May 3. Watch out form those curbs! Ed

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Perhaps the NW folks can get together again at the SVT Rendezvous at Bickford FORD on May 3.

Like the Taco Smell chaihuahua, "I am there!"...Unless it rains. I flat out r-e-f-u-s-e to wander around a car show wearin' a wet suit & flippers. 'Rather have hemorrhoid surgery. :willy

(An' jus' hush, Jeffey. :slap An' for that matter - you too, Ed!:slap)

Cristo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 1, 2007
Arizona
Northwest Rendevous

Ed, I will see you, Larry, Jeff and Jim there too making it two years in a row and hopefully some others that I have not met as well...Cristo

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I'm in.

Rain or shine.

The Whatcom Wizard will be there. We need his sage advice, questionable humor and I for one would love to see him in a wet suit.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:frown
The Whatcom Wizard will be there. We need his sage advice, questionable humor :tongue and I for one would love to see him in a wet suit.

:frown (sniff sniff) I yam crushed. 'Totally demoralized. 'Hurt to th' core. Howsomever, I shall take comfort in the fact that at least the critics in the audience at the Flamingo Showroom (sniff sniff) are much kinder in their judgments...(sniff sniff) or are just much better at hiding their true feelings...:bored (sniff) I'm grabbing my Winney th' Poo blanket now and going to my room...(SNIFF) I hope you're satisfied...(sniff sniff)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
:frown

:frown (sniff sniff) I yam crushed. 'Totally demoralized. 'Hurt to th' core. Howsomever, I shall take comfort in the fact that at least the critics in the audience at the Flamingo Showroom (sniff sniff) are much kinder in their judgments...(sniff sniff) or are just much better at hiding their true feelings...:bored (sniff) I'm grabbing my Winney th' Poo blanket now and going to my room...(SNIFF) I hope you're satisfied...(sniff sniff)

Oh the Crocodile tears are flowing now---hope your grand daughter doesn't complain about her Poo blank being used by Gramps.:eek

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Did you find a wheel? Here is the wheel at Ford Racing

FORD GT FRONT WHEEL

M-1007-GTF*
Print This Page

click the image to see a larger picture
Suggested Retail $940.00
Sold In Units Of Each (1)

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7617