CSX 4206 offered for sale

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Cobra pic December 2015 XI.jpg

CSX 4206

Continuation Shelby Cobras are special cars. However, aluminum Continuation Cobras are especially rare and coveted. There are approximately 300 alloy/aluminum Continuation Shelby Cobras that exist. CSX 4206 is regarded as one of the nicest and among the most highly detailed aluminum bodied continuation Shelby Cobras. Moreover it is a highly desired early SAI Las Vegas car. It has won best in the Shelby Class at the highly regarded New Hope Concours. This car is as nice…., no nicer than the day I took delivery of her 16 years ago. Car has 8400 miles. Vin #CSX4206. Clear title and in hand.

POWER PLANT

ORIGINAL 1965 NASCAR 427 SIDEOILER
Original 1965 NASCAR 427 Side Oiler. This is “the Cobra engine”. The NASCAR Side Oiler was produced only in 1965. This was the race motor. Standard versions of the SO followed in 1968. The NASCAR Side Oiler had higher nickel content block, extra cooling jackets throughout the block, forged NASCAR crank with wider journals and forged rods. This engine compartment is fitting out with original NOS FOMOCO dual plain intake, NOS iron medium rise heads, original pulleys, dual Holly 550 carburetors, original style horn, “Auto Lite” regulator cover, correct radiator tag, correct decals, fuel pump canister, correct air filter decals, Aviad Oil pan, correct overflow and puke tanks. Dual pusher fans with/ manual override switch. Pentroof valve covers. Photos of engine build to document and dyno sheet. Motor is healthy pumping out 502 hp/504 lbs./tq. MSD ignition. This motor alone would cost $35,000.00 to duplicate today if you could find the NASCAR block.

GEAR TRAIN

Original 4 speed top loader with scatter shield. Big in/Big out spline. Rare but “SC” correct under car differential cooler with scoop. Rear gear ratio 3:54-1.

CHASSIS, SUSPENSION & BRAKES

Original NOS style four wheel independent suspension with coil overs. Girling disc brakes with correct ducting.
THE COCKPIT
All original correct Smith Gauges for an SC. Driver side pull vent. Correct switches. Pusher fan manual over ride switch. Correct Rebatt style Battery setup. Fire-extinguisher. Correct Ray Brown belts. Simpson shoulder harnesses. SAI peddles. Correct seat knobs and windshield tags. Leather seats (not vinyl that they give you today), correct rear view mirror and correct Ray Dot driver side view. Moto Lita wood wheel.

ROLLING STOCK

Goodyear Bill Boards. Trigo pin drives correctly “patinaed”.

OTHER DETAILS SETTING 4206 APART

CSX 4206 is painted in single stage Raven Black. There was no clear coat in 1965. The paint is Glasrit. The side pipes are not your usual fare of “chrome” or stainless but correct flat black for an SC. The pipes are correctly un-baffled for an SC. It is “loud”. Same for the roll bar, correctly black. The coach work is aluminum. The quick jacks have the correct “split nut” hardware. The headlight trim rings even have the correct “dimples”. The trunk has the correct SW240 dual fuel pumps. The car was signed by Carroll Shelby for me at Lowes Motor Speedway during a SAAC convention. The signature is on the aluminum diff cover in the rear trunk. What is special about the signature is that it is not just a generic signature but keyed to 4206. The signature reads “Carroll Shelby CSX 4206”. It has been cleared coated to protect it as this obviously cannot be redone. Fuel cell. This car according to a build sheet obtained from Bill Andrews at HRE Motorcars in Long Island puts this car at $245,000.00 to clone. Mr. Andrews knows CSX 4206 inside and out. He is a well know Shelby Cobra and GT40 expert and restorer. A new alloy roller from SAI is $160K for a base alloy car. Your wait will be in excess of a year or more. The fit out will take another 6 months. The sourcing of what is in this car will take tremendous time, effort and money. This is a special Shelby. The car has always been maintained and pampered. It is as clean underneath as on top. She runs like a charm.
Serious inquires only.

Asking $239,000.00

1 908 930 8355

Attachments

• Cobra pic December 2015 XIII.jpg
    Cobra pic December 2015 XIII.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 841
  • Cobra pic December 2015 XIV.jpg
    Cobra pic December 2015 XIV.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 899
Last edited:

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Cobra pic December 2015.jpgCobra pic December 2015 IV.jpg

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Evan- NOOOOO! Say it isn't so! I hope the morons on the "other" forum haven't influenced your decision. You've always been so passionate about the Cobra. Regardless, yours is an amazing example, and I wish you the best of luck with the sale.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Dakota: I've given it much thought. I've been involved with these cars for over 20 years now and owned CSX 4206 since new. I think it's time to move on.

Thanks. for the kind words though.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Absolutely gorgeous car.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Has to be one of the prettiest things I've ever laid my eyes on, Waxer. GLWS.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Sold.