Crap - Got My First Ticket

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Pockets they could get you for "abandoned vehicle" except you wax it everyday.

got a 95 in 70 in 1076 .... Thankfully the ticket was out of state. ... first trooper had no since of humor when I answered "Have no idea how fast I was going but I was turning 2200 rpm." Definitely not a car guy.

and a warning in 1161 (no front tag)

The warning was after talking to a FOMOCO fan for 25 minutes. :thumbsup who was quite amazed that the car was only turning 2400 in 6th .... :banana:banana
definitely ... a car guy!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Only 68??????

You must be driving a white car:lol:lol

Watch it TOM:bored:lol:bored
Some of us white car owners are very sensitive:willy:eek:willy
Go give Frankie some static:thumbsup It is the number one sport on this board:wink

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Do you have a Valentine 1? Works with most radar VERY well.....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Anyone wanting to join CHP1199 in KAL-FOOL-NIA please contact me.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets they could get you for "abandoned vehicle" except you wax it everyday.

Not in my garage, they couldn't... :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No tickets for me in GT. Many others though in the rest of the fleet. Drivingschoolonline.com is a winner. For $31 you can graduate with honors, and you don't have to sit with the usual riff-raff (like drivers of white cars) for the day or evening.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
White cars don't get tickets... they are too fast!!!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
:biggrin
face it - you losers are unlucky SOB's

Yep, one unlucky SOB in A Ford GT - ain't life a bitch? (hey - it rhymes)

Only 68??????

You must be driving a white car:lol:lol

Actually, I'm am glad it was only the 68. There actually was a BRIEF MOMENT (the ONLY other time I have ever been over the limit) before where I apparently also exceed the limit. It could have been worse, much worse :wink. Problem was it was a white car at night (needed a black car to be stealth). White is good in the day.

Definitely was not a car guy.

... you don't have to sit with the usual riff-raff (like drivers of white cars)

Oh, please sit with us. We want to know you guys that have those other colors - so we can ask you "what were you thinking"
PLEASE........

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I got pulled over for the first time yesterday, in my FGT, because I don't have a license plate on the front. I told the cop the plate would cause the car to overheat due to the reduced airfllow and he said OK - and let me go. He did say most other cops won't be buying that story and good luck.

Last edited:

GT PILOT

GT Addict/ B.o.D.
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 15, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry to hear that Larry!
If it helps to consol you, I got a criminal speed contest ticket last summer!

Not in my GT, but my S63. Got lined up at a light next to a cute blonde in an E63, she challenged me, and we punched off when the light turned green...... $5k in legal fees later, my wife and I got our matching his and hers drag racing tickets reduced to plain old speeding cuz of our previous clean records. I guess I should frame them.....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I told the cop the plate would cause the car to overheat due to the reduced airfllow and he said OK - and let me go. He did say most other cops won't be buying that story and good luck.

He's right about that. The WSP dude in charge of granting front plate EXEMPTIONS (down in Olympia) holds the same view regarding that argument.

I'm actually surprised you've driven you GT here in Wash. St. for as long as you have WITHOUT being pulled over for it.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
i got pulled over the first week I got mine, but thankfully the cops were more interested in looking the car over then they were in giving me a ticket, so I got a warning.:wink

Same here!

Hadn't been pulled over in over 2 years. As an aside, just recently got pulled over for 76 in a 60 in my Navigator....by the time I looked at the ticket, the officer had neglected to fill out the "offense" section altogether! No defensive driving for me! :cheers

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Cops are everywhere here. Every time I think about letting her run, out pops a cop and I'm glad I didn't let the devil have his way. Have any of you ever wondered about putting a cruise control in your cars? It is very easy to speed in these cars. Just roll your big toe a little in your shoe and the speedo jumps a quarter of an inch and you're going 10 mph faster in a second. I'm constantly checking my speed while driving and have often wished I had cruise control so I could relax a little and I wouldn't have to stare at the speedo all the time to prevent getting a ticket.

Would it be difficult or advisable to install cruise control?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Cops are everywhere here. Every time I think about letting her run, out pops a cop and I'm glad I didn't let the devil have his way. Have any of you ever wondered about putting a cruise control in your cars? It is very easy to speed in these cars. Just roll your big toe a little in your shoe and the speedo jumps a quarter of an inch and you're going 10 mph faster in a second. I'm constantly checking my speed while driving and have often wished I had cruise control so I could relax a little and I wouldn't have to stare at the speedo all the time to prevent getting a ticket.

Would it be difficult or advisable to install cruise control?

Around this area our traffic IS our "cruise control"... :bored :thumbsdow