Coyotes Like Headers!! +35HP +40TQ !!!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We had the dyno rented today to test a GT TT that we've been working on. We had REALLY good results with that session and then decided to put my Laguna Seca on the dyno to get a baseline run. In terms of engine mods, my car is bone stock. However, we just finished a full (long-tube) header, H-Pipe, muffler install on an otherwise identical Laguna Seca so it was a chance to compare the two. Same dyno, same day, same test procedure. 15 minutes apart. The only difference - Kook's full exhaust system: OEM Exhaust. MUCH more impressive than "peak" HP/TQ improvements was the fact that the HP/TQ was significantly better across the entire RPM range!! Holy cow, batman!! My car is undergoing the same surgery as we speak!!

LSwKooks.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Great results.

H

HHGT

Great numbers Kendall.

Someone here recently stated that headers won't do much to the coyote engines! The thought of a LS is tempting.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The SOUND of this car is just so M E A N!! I will be in jail if I drive this car too much on the street!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Great numbers Kendall.

Someone here recently stated that headers won't do much to the coyote engines! The thought of a LS is tempting.

Actually nobody said that. They said it about the SC 5.8L mod motor which is a completely different engine.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The SOUND of this car is just so M E A N!! I will be in jail if I drive this car too much on the street!!

Can't be too loud. People drive thier FGT on the street with FRPP rear exit headers. They have to be one of the loudest exhaust system I have heard.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Nice numbers. Are you using catalytic converters?

H

HHGT

Actually nobody said that. They said it about the SC 5.8L mod motor which is a completely different engine.

I was not referring to that discussion Dave, I think it had something to do with the Hennessey upgrade to the LS but my memory fails me.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Nice numbers. Are you using catalytic converters?

The tested car has no cats. I will be installing the same system with cats on my car and we can make another test. PS: CA does not require smog testing of new cars until they are 6 years old. PSS: It is VERY easy on the Kook's system to swap in/out CATs.

Can't be too loud. People drive thier FGT on the street with FRPP rear exit headers.

Oh, sorry, Clinton. I stand corrected. Because YOU have heard an exhaust that you THINK is louder than the Boss exhaust then, naturally, the Boss "Can't be too loud." Sheesh! FWIW, I have OWNED the FRPP rear exit headers on my GT and I don't think you have owner EITHER the FRPP OR a 302 Boss - so once again you want to disagree with any post I make and, as usual, with absolutely no idea of what you speak. Please go play in other threads - not mine.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I need to post of vid of the Boss302s that was at the pri show. The Ford guys pissed abunch of people off when bringing them into the show as they ran both the new Cobra Jet and the Boss 302 s. I took vid when we were taking down our booth at pri as i knew they would fire up both cars. The 302s is a mean sounding Biatch......The new coyote's love mods and especially blowers. Prob 10 auto cars out there running 9's in the 1/4 with stock transmissions with bolt on blowers and minor mods. Less than 15 grand worth of mods. These cars are very impressive....FORD DID A GREAT JOB and knocked it out of the park with the new mustangs.

Aug 25, 2006
The tested car has no cats. I will be installing the same system with cats on my car and we can make another test. PS: CA does not require smog testing of new cars until they are 6 years old. PSS: It is VERY easy on the Kook's system to swap in/out CATs.

Oh, sorry, Clinton. I stand corrected. Because YOU have heard an exhaust that you THINK is louder than the Boss exhaust then, naturally, the Boss "Can't be too loud." Sheesh! FWIW, I have OWNED the FRPP rear exit headers on my GT and I don't think you have owner EITHER the FRPP OR a 302 Boss - so once again you want to disagree with any post I make and, as usual, with absolutely no idea of what you speak. Please go play in other threads - not mine.

The numbers look nice and I expect that she sounds wicked

Now as for Clinton's comments; I did not read where he said anything out of line; maybe it was deleted

Again good numbers

Shadowman

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Kendall-
Thanks for posting up your results! WOW, looks very impressive and I agree what really is significant is the gain across the rpm spectrum. I may be looking to add a set to my Boss.
Keep us posted with the results with the cats on your car.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Kendal,
I am very excited to get the aluminum drive shaft,and possibly the exhaust .I will wait to hear how yours does with the cats.That being said ,I need to be able to drive it on the street.
Let me know.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Boss 302S Dyno Run

Video of my Boss 302S on our Dynapak dyno , picked up 32 rwhp with American Racing 1 7/8 long tubes
[video=youtube;GGzC6uSFqK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGzC6uSFqK4[/video]

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Sounds Great! :thumbsup