Couple pics and a vid from the Texs Mile

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
There was only 3 FGT's at the mile last weekend. 1 white with blue stripes and 2 tungsten's with silver stripes.

This one below was interviewed for streetfire.net.

P1010019.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010021.jpg

A vid of the white GT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoCA59lVlTQ

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
good post, thank you.

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
The tungsten in the pics was running around 199 mph. The white one was a Hennessey GT40 and did 202 mph. The other tungsten was bone stock and I think did 150.

100_0329.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
pls post more pics...
like those high heals..
thanks for the mph data!! :)

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
That chick was the water girl. She was running around all day Saturday in those heels handing out water.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I was working saturday and I missed out, I will definately be there in oct. there are a lot of pics from that day on Houston performance driving website. seemed like a lot of fun.:thumbsup

dandaman

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2007
Tyler, Tx
Does anyone know the results? Are they being posted on a Web site?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Very interesting Airbox change on the Tungsten car! I think about a year ago I posted a pic of an airbox change like that, but I have never seen one actually mounted to an FGT.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Very interesting Airbox change on the Tungsten car! I think about a year ago I posted a pic of an airbox change like that, but I have never seen one actually mounted to an FGT.

Where is the MAF?

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
The results should be posted to www.texasmile.com

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I believe this is the Fastlane kit I mentioned in an earlier post here... I would be a little worried about too much hot air from the engine bay. Was thinking about a modification of this to draw air from the vents in CF.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5793&highlight=airbox&page=2

Last edited:

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
For comparison. The driver of the tungsten gave an interview with www.streetfire.net, prolly be up this week.

100_0332.jpg

100_0335.jpg

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Very nice set up, wonder where the maf is?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The sensor has to be there its probably on the bottom of the primary tube out of site. Ford calibrations aren't meant to run SD full time.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The amount of air going into the engine needs to be monitored by the ecu unless a different computer is used to run the engine. Almost all moden cars use this type of system.

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
There are more pics posted over here... pages 3 & 4

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124424&page=3

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I Stand Corrected!!! I just talked to FastLane and they do run a MAFia. Their air intake is about 8lbs total. I have not weighed the stock version, but it's got to be twice that as a guess. And, they are having no problems with heat soak running it in Houston, which is one of the hottest and humid places around. Some of that could be due to no factory cats and exhaust, and with no gigantic air box the whole back end is really opened up. I am getting more pics and info, as it looks promising to me.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I spoke to Kip Ewing last night. He has had reservations about doing a carbon fiber air box, but is still seriously considering it with the use of some special heat shields, especially for those of you that have "X" & "H" pipes where they come up so close to the air box. I am going to wait on Kip. Kip makes his decisions on what to build by customer demand. If you want a carbon air box, I would let it be known.

Also, Kip mentioned that he is planning on an adjustable front splitter, wider skirts, and even a rear "wing". The wing for the rear would come out of the oval vent slots on the back of the car. Obviously a good idea as the race FGT team has done just that. Anyway, remember that he decides what to build next by customer demand, so let it be known what you want. He's been making stuff for those far inferior and much uglier "L" cars. We need to get him back to focusing on making stuff for the vastly superior and way more beautiful FGT.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I would be definitely interested in some body parts like the matech team...