Couple of Newb Questions

tblackj

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2007
Ran search on this and no luck.

Does anyone else have a volt meter that works randomly? Mine comes on and off like a light switch. When it's on everything is fine but when it goes off the check gauges light comes on. Between that light and the door ajar light coming on and off, it look like I have a disco dashboard.

edit: Yes, and I just realised that is only one question... so sue me...

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Not fully charged batteries have been known to sometimes cause these kinds of gremlins. Is your battery fresh? Do you keep it on the factory trickle charger?

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
May be the poor ground problem.

Aug 25, 2006
In this case I would lean towards the ground possibility

Particularly since you indicate that it works when other items come into play which would indicate that it is able to find a ground path just not the proper one.

Hang in there as this is minor

All the best

Shadowman

tblackj

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2007
Had one of the most entertaining afternoons. Spent about an hour calling all the Ford dealers in Little Rock trying to find the right service department to look at my car.

5 dealers - 3 did not know what a GT was... seriously. (I have a Ford GT I need some service work on... A Mustang! Bring it on it!)

2 Dealers - knew what it was and told me to bring it on it.

1 Dealer - Said to bring it on in and they would have a look at it. Their transmission guy was really good at figuring things out.

1 Dealer - the one I am taking it to said that he had a special single bay for what he called "Project Cars" and the GT definately fit into that category. He said to drive it in the bay myself and when I came to pick it up, I would drive it out.

Also getting the Ford GT Performance Exhaust installed. Let the modding begin. I'm giddy like a school girl.