Could be the last shifter knob and sleeve

Paced

06 GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2006
Naples Florida
I was searching online for a M7213-GT Knob and sleeve. One of the places i contacted called a friend that works at a Ford dealership in the parts department. Thay told me that out of 700 dealerships there was only one left in the system. It was at Dealer Engine Sales in Indy. I called them and spoke to a woman named Jo. She said that it was on hold for a couple of weeks for someone who never got back to her. She was kind enough to send it to me with my word that I would send her a check. I have my shifter knob and sleeve and she has received my check.
I have the short shifter in the car. Will the sleeve work with the short shifter installed without modification. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I was searching online for a M7213-GT Knob and sleeve. One of the places i contacted called a friend that works at a Ford dealership in the parts department. Thay told me that out of 700 dealerships there was only one left in the system. It was at Dealer Engine Sales in Indy. I called them and spoke to a woman named Jo. She said that it was on hold for a couple of weeks for someone who never got back to her. She was kind enough to send it to me with my word that I would send her a check. I have my shifter knob and sleeve and she has received my check.
I have the short shifter in the car. Will the sleeve work with the short shifter installed without modification. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony

The sleeve is too long for the short shifter shaft, as it doesn't allow enough thread engagement into the knob. It can be cut down on a lathe to fit, or, used as a model for a machine shop to duplicate at the appropriate length, and save it as an orginal part. I just left mine off (and saved it), as I was more interested in the polished and engraved knob.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I got the shaft.

Tony,

I put that knob and sleeve on with my FRPP short shifter and I love the way it looks and feels. The GT Guys (Rich) did the install. I don't know if they cut it or what. Give Rich a call or send him a PM and he'll tell you how to do it.

Chip

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Tony I also used the short shifter, the knob and wider sleeve. No question that only a few threads are used when attaching the ball. However I have had it on for a few thousand spirited miles with no problem. I have not shaved the shaft down. (had to be very careful how I said that):willy

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Exoticare Shifter Sleeve replacements

Guys, Don't forget, I'm making these sleeves now!! So if anyone needs a sleeve head on over to the ExotiCARe online Store and i have them in stock.

Works with any setup, stock, shortshift, aftermarket knob, Shifter Bezel. Only $48 Bucks!

And we have a 2010 Special Edition GT Shift Knob coming very shortly :biggrin

DSC08131.jpg

DSC08133.jpg

DSC07937-1.jpg

Paced

06 GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2006
Naples Florida
Thanks everyone for your help. We have a great bunch of people. Is the exoticare sleeve the right size for the short shifter.
Thanks Again.
Tony/Paced

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I must be twisted but I like the stock one have a spare if anyone needs it sometime in the future.

I think it might be time for a GT parts sale thread again so we can rearrange the space in our collective garages.

Paced

06 GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2006
Naples Florida
I see after looking more closely that it is available for the short shifter from Andrew. That is excellent. Thanks for your help. I ended up with my first wife because of not reading the fine print.She was a great housekeeper though. She kept the house.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
As mentioned Tony, the Shifter Sleeve works an ALL Applications of the shifter.:thumbsup:thumbsup

Paced

06 GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2006
Naples Florida
I am ordering one.
Thanks

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Ok PM Me when ready, I can ship immediately!

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I already have the short shifter installed but the throw wasn't short enough for me until I screwed the knob all the way down. You'll need to use some Locktite to make sure the knob doesn't come lose as you won't be able to lock it with the nut or the sleeve. But I also like the look of the sleeve so if a shorten sleeve can be attached to the now even lower knob, I'd be all over that.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
For those for whom the short shifter is not short enough, the MOMO knobs have much deeper bores than the OEM knob and sit so low on the shaft, if you wish, that the shaft nearly disappears (no room for a Sleeve).

Howard

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
The new sleeve also accommodates a thicker headed wrench!
We've slightly improved it! :)

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Not for long!! We will have these same knobs in a few weeks! Surprise coming! :eek

- Polished
- Brushed
- Anodized in Colors
- Enamel Paint filled details

Stand by!