Corvette FYI

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just an FYI, I drove by the dealer I bought my C5 and my Z06 from and they had a bunch of Z06's on the lot. Just to see what pricing was for kicks I looked it up on their website and all C6 coupes were either $8000 or $8500 off, convertibles were $9000 off, 1LZ C6 Z06's were $10,000 off, and 2LZ or 3LZ C6 Z06's were $12,000 off. :willy

I would assume that that's not the best price to be had from them either. Didn't look like those things were flyin off the lot. They always discount their Vettes pretty good, and will usually go beyond the listed discounts. When I traded my vert for the Z06 they gave me more than the Vert was worth and still discounted the Z06 significantly.

http://www.lesstanford.com/MiscPage_2

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Sign of the times. Those are screemin' deals, a performance bargain on the Z06's. Hmmm, (not EP) daily driver???

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The only thing that makes it a little less enticing is the prices have gone quite high. I saw a vert on there that was $69k+ list price. Yowza!

09 Z06 is one hell of a car for $62k. That's less that it took to get one in 2006 and it's better sorted out.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hmmm, (not EP) daily driver???

Nope.

E.P.'s daily driver hasta have a p/u bed on it...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Nope.

E.P.'s daily driver hasta have a p/u bed on it...

I thought you needed a p/u for the hitch to tow your sports car when you want to take it for a ride. :rofl

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Damn, now we are advertising for non-supporting dealers! :willy
J/K :biggrin

Yes, there are some bargains out there on NEW cars. Also, mark my word, this time next year, the car market is gonna be a totally different ball game. With several dealers being shut down and weeded out, the market will be more controlled thus this crazy discounts are gonna go away. Buy while the buying is good! :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I thought you needed a p/u for the hitch to tow your sports car when you want to take it for a ride. :rofl

Naaaaaah...'have a dump truck equipped with all that sorta stuff.

...Do ya lay awake nights writing these down as they come to you? And arn't you suppose to be puttin away the dishes and starting dinner about now?

But, back on topic...How would one feel right now if he had bought a ZO6 at a premium a couple years ago?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Naaaaaah...'have a dump truck equipped with all that sorta stuff.

...Do ya lay awake nights writing these down as they come to you? And arn't you suppose to be puttin away the dishes and starting dinner about now?

But, back on topic...How would one feel right now if he had bought a ZO6 at a premium a couple years ago?

Not, good, but now may be a good time to buy one. I expect them to stop production of them soon due. Soon the only high performance cars you can buy in the US will be electric ones like the Tesla.

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
there are new 09 coupes to be had in the high $30ks and new 09 Z06s in the high $50ks....and ZR1s for MSRP!

2010 Grand Sport will hit dealers in about 2 months. If you havnt seen this, check it out.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The Ford dealer in Marshall Texas has an '09 GT 500 he said he would sell for $6000 UNDER MSRP, about $41000. They've had it for 3 months.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
He's gonna be sittin on that one for awhile. With the 2010 out and new cars being weak in the marketplace already, tough sell. The power difference is no big deal, but man, the interior on the 2010 is just phenomenal.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
2010 Grand Sport will hit dealers in about 2 months. If you havnt seen this, check it out.

'Already did several weeks ago. The side profile is how the C-6's shudda looked from the get-go IMO:

http://jalopnik.com/5225711/2010-corvette-grand-sport-wider-sportier-grander

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Corvettes are us!

Dave,

Yesterday I stopped by my local Chevrolet dealer, Van Chevrolet in north Scottsdale, to look at a brand-new burgundy SS Camaro that was sitting next to their showroom floor. I had looked at them and crawled inside of one at Barrett-Jackson a few months ago. Perhaps because of the color, I was not that wild about this one. I got into the driver's seat and closed the door. The first thing that struck me was how high up the bottom of the drivers door window is. Looking out of that window I felt like Kilroy peering over that fence painted on the side of World War II equipment. The second thing that hit me was the reaction of the salesperson that saw I had gotten into the car and treated me like I just got caught lifting the skirt of a 10-year-old schoolgirl! This car is sold! Nobody is supposed to touch it!! OK. As I only buy Ford products, I'm not a serious prospect anyway. As I drove off the lot I saw they had an entire section of the dealership full of Corvettes. There had to be at least 25 and over half of them were ZO6s. They were stacked up like cord wood and every one of them was covered with a huge discount sign. They had more Corvettes than they had pickup trucks! I suppose now is a good time to buy just about anything.

Chip

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
'Already did several weeks ago. The side profile is how the C-6's shudda looked from the get-go IMO:

http://jalopnik.com/5225711/2010-corvette-grand-sport-wider-sportier-grander

my favorite:
IMG_0394-1.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

:banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Dave,

The second thing that hit me was the reaction of the salesperson that saw I had gotten into the car and treated me like I just got caught lifting the skirt of a 10-year-old schoolgirl! This car is sold! Nobody is supposed to touch it!!

Chip

That was the DEALER'S fault, not your's. There should have been a "sold" sign on the windshield and the doors should have been locked. Additionally, if nobody was to touch it, it shouldn't have been parked out where the public could get at it. 'Pretty simple ...