Cooling Fan Temperature

andreikoc

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2013
Any one know at what temp the fans are supposed to start? Temp was a little over 200 today but no fans.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Some owners have told me that fans kick in close to 220. I've experienced 200 without fans, hasn't been a problem,
Marty

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
If hot babe in car; sensor in passenger seat judges firmness, tightness and moisture

Fans kick in a/c

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
It's curious to me that the workshop manual does not specify a temperature for the cooling fans. However, I think you can infer from the thermostat specs. Thermostat starts to open at 176-184 and is fully open at 203. Presumably, the cooling fans are not needed unless the temp exceeds 203.

Also, the fans are two speed. I can hear high speed from the cabin. Not sure I notice low speed.

Finally, as a point of comparison, my '06 temp gauge sits at 200 when stuck in traffic on a hot day with A/C on. It generally reads 170-180 while cruising.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The fans kick on at a lower temp with the AC on. You can reset the temp with a reader. Talk to Torrie.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I can set them at whatever temperature I dictate with proper ECU recalibration but for the curious the factory settings are below. I have the programmers in stock if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 105