Cool Gt Challenge

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Once again I read a thread where someone points out potential heat problems in the engine compartment of the GT....
I am challenging the GT tuner community to come up with an aftermarket solution for this!!

How about some electronic aftermarket fans pushing air outside the engine bay??

How about replacing the factory window with an aftermarket piece with special ducting...

Let the engineering begin!!!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Install a complete Stainless Works exhaust system and the problem will be solved.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
There is another thread currently, Whipple power loss. Apparently the engine got heat soaked in Arizona. He is running the header and exhaust thing. It appears that more heat help is needed.

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
Waconia MN
Has anyone tryed opening up the vents on the shell. They have small side openings but could be opened by removing some of the fiber between the bolt holes?

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I read one post where a forum member suggested a NACA duct formed into the lower engine cover to draw in cool air.

Not sure what this might do to aero or if there is enough venting for it to escape. Surely don't want more air than can be released otherwise the hatch might inflate inflate.

It seams to me that a gap near the bottom of the window might help to draw the hot air out. Didn't the original GT40's have holes in the lower area of the glass?

On the heat soak issue were the intercooler fans programed to come on at lower temps?, I understand you can do this as well as the radiator fans.