Congressional Trips Paid For By You

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

watch this............we should all be mad as hell. Pass this around please

2-16-2009 Prime Time news clip

Can you say double standard?

WATCH:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6891939

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
these kind of thing are just the tip of the iceberg,

H

HHGT

If I wrote down how I feel and expressed my opinion publically, I'd be incarcerated....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I foresee...aaaaaaah! Yes! I do! Thru a haze I foresee a padlock forming...s-l-o-w-l-y forming in the lower left corner of this page...in a small square box...a single padlock...:rofl

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
What else is new? :bored

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
...I foresee...aaaaaaah! Yes! I do! Thru a haze I foresee a padlock forming...s-l-o-w-l-y forming in the lower left corner of this page...in a small square box...a single padlock...:rofl

Not a political thread just wondering how they can fly for over a $$$ 1/2 mill and nobody raises the hammer.......

I bet the travel budget = or surpasses the amount loaned to the big 3

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Im with you. The government spends money like its water. Yet, no one gets to sit them down and give them sh*t about how they travel, etc. Everybody thinks they are more important than the next guy. Everyone (gov't, big corps, etc) needs to get their head out of their ass and do what it takes to survive rather than put their hand out and see who will bail them out. I like the old saying, "you made your bed, now sleep in it!"
Oh well, I am gonna go back to talking about and selling cars. Im not cut out for politics. Carry on.....

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
most politicians view money as if it comes from an artesian well. They only have to raise taxes to keep the "saturation" point high enough for the "water" to flow. But I wonder what happens when the aquifer (in this case we taxpayers) run dry?

You know Amtrack and Greyhound need help. Let them take the bus or train .....

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
im with you. The government spends money like its water. Yet, no one gets to sit them down and give them sh*t about how they travel, etc. Everybody thinks they are more important than the next guy. Everyone (gov't, big corps, etc) needs to get their head out of their ass and do what it takes to survive rather than put their hand out and see who will bail them out. I like the old saying, "you made your bed, now sleep in it!"
oh well, i am gonna go back to talking about and selling cars. Im not cut out for politics. Carry on.....

Well said Shelby!! +1 I wonder if Obama can freeze THEIR wages and expense accounts!! :bang :mad

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
If you have ever flown out of Reagan National or Dulles, you will have noted that there are 'Congressional Parking Spaces' next to the terminal for our omnipotent governmental leaders. There are 87 at Reagan and 97 at Dulles.

"Members like to get out of town and get back with their constituents. You can't really win. If you make it hard for members to move back and forth from their districts, then the people are going to say, 'Where are you? Why aren't you back here?'

Yeah....they are just RUSHING back to get with their consituents....to see wher their next 'campaign contribution' is coming from.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
To paraphrase Sgt. Shultz, I see NOTH-ing, I READ noth-ing, I say NOTH-ing. :mad:mad:mad

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Well, how many people did you know who voted for hese clowns thinking it was a new era and they had the answer??? The answer is Jimmy Carter politics for the next 4 yeaers, hopefully their majority is out in 2 from the senate.

Their making Clinton's Presidency look conservative! And its only been 4 weeks!

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Wake me up in 4 years. Hopefully I won't have to hibernate for another 4!!!