Congrats to Cody, 221 mph in the mile!

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Yep that was me; hopefully soon. Right now its down to little stuff like finding black couplers instead of blue and running the oil lines.

You guys got SW in and out quick.

Last edited:

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I was keeping quiet but now that I have been called out here is my story. My car has the gen. 1 whipple with a 19 psi pulley, headers, high flow cats with an Ida pipe. I was running 100 octane fuel in my car, I have the 3:90 gear and Stillen's clutch, I run the stock Goodyear tires. Now for the story. On Friday I made two passes the first was 161 and the second was 167. On both of the passes my car was pulling power out in third gear and above. After a few calls to Shadowman, he arranged to have Soroush bring an SCT tuner to the mile to see if we could isolate the problem. First pass with the new tune was 197 but I short shifted all the gears and had to go to 6th, I thought I would be able to stay in 5th but when the rev limiter hit, I shifted to 6th. The next pass was better, I shifted about 6800 from first all the way into 5th and then pulled 6th at 6500 and the car ran 201.7. I think that the car would run 205 or so but we needed to start heading home, we had a 1000 mile trip ahead of us.Ted

Oh hell no! Keeping quiet when you have valuable information is not an option.:lol

So now we know a Whippled car with 3.90 gears tuned for 100 octane will break 200 but needs 6th gear to do it.

Glad to hear you got a couple of good runs and got to break 200. It made me sick to think you had come 1000 miles one way just to find out you had wasted a trip.

Congratulations.:cheers

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Ted,

Funny you should mention the call the Shadowman. I've made a few calls myself from the track for questions about my tune/Whipple set up. He's a heck of a guy! :thumbsup

All the best...
Rick

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Any idea what the major difference was between the two tunes that made a 30+ mph difference?

THughes

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
I am not sure but I think it had something to do with air temperatures after the intercooler, it sounded like if the car saw a spike in the temps outside of a certain amount it would pull timing and that was the loss of power.

Shelby#18, do you know Gary Paterson?

Ted

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I am not sure but I think it had something to do with air temperatures after the intercooler, it sounded like if the car saw a spike in the temps outside of a certain amount it would pull timing and that was the loss of power.

Shelby#18, do you know Gary Paterson?

Ted

Hello Ted,

To know Gary is to love Gary! Yes he, and I are buddy's. Has he told some outrageous stories?? If he has, I hope he was smiling! :biggrin

All the best...
Rick

THughes

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
I am sure that he has driven your cars and after talking to him was when I decided to put the 3:90 gear in my car, so I guess that makes you responsible for my smiles.

I am done with my hijack and will return you to your regular scheduled programing.

Ted

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Good job Cody!

Gig'em.